UKBouldering.com

Chulilla 7a-b+ (Read 2508 times)

beast

Chulilla 7a-b+
January 27, 2016, 09:08:09 pm
Going to Chulilla in march and like to hear any recommendations for gradescale from 7a to 7b+.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#1 Re: Chulilla 7a-b+
January 27, 2016, 11:48:13 pm
gran dinosauro blanco 7b+
los francesces (think thats what its called) 7b+, and the 7a+ about 10 routes to its left the big rightwards diagonal one.
i'll think of some more...

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#2 Re: Chulilla 7a-b+
January 28, 2016, 08:48:35 am
If Los Francesces is the one that traverses under two roofs I second that recommendation. Ramallar just to the left is really really good, and felt very easy for 7c (right hand exit) so that might be of interest.

C Constancia on the dihedrals to the left of Pared del Frente is very nice, but it had

Sendero Luminoso (Chorerras) is 55 m of increasingly cool climbing. Take the right branch on the second pitch.

Animaculos de la placa is very good.

Plan Z, Super furry animal and Gargola are next to each other and are all good

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#3 Re: Chulilla 7a-b+
January 28, 2016, 09:13:44 am
Sorry the second half of the sentence fell away:
C Constancia on the dihedrals to the left of Pared del Frente is very nice, but it had

... a quite hard move in the middle.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#4 Re: Chulilla 7a-b+
January 28, 2016, 09:53:46 am

Personally I hated this route because of the horrid rock low down. The fact I also fell off the hard move has absolutely no bearing on my assessment of the quality of this route.

I wrote up accounts of my two week long trips with commentary on the routes which were typically in the grade range you are interested in here and here

Gran Dinosaur Blanco is stunning as Toby says but super pumpy and hard at the grade for the area

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 10:03:56 am by shark »

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#5 Re: Chulilla 7a-b+
January 28, 2016, 10:07:43 am

Personally I hated this route because of the horrid rock low down. The fact I also fell off the hard move has absolutely no bearing on my assessment of the quality of this route.

Hmm.... maybe I was desensitised after climbing the 7b/+ to the right which had even worse rock on the first part... (I was genuinely scared on that one).

Schnell

• menacing presence
#6 Re: Chulilla 7a-b+
January 28, 2016, 11:14:28 am
Another vote for los franceses.
Also:
Camina o Revienta at Ramallar, 7a+. Enormous holds and lots of kneebars, very fun.
El catador de sake at Pared de Enfrente 7b. A bit tricky and very good.
I tried a 7a+ to the right of catador, maldito dinero I think (possibly just beside the 7b+ jwi mentioned) and it some of the worst rock I've ever had the displeasure to climb on. Avoid!
I think Dale duro negro 7b at Sex Shop is meant to be good but I never got around to trying it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal