UKBouldering.com

Anti Hydral cream (Read 60736 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#25 Anti Hydral cream
August 16, 2004, 03:20:35 pm
I should have thought of this first - one of the guys on here is an amputee and might have first hand knowledge of this stuff already....and where to get hold of it, unless it's prescription only in the UK of course.

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#26 Anti Hydral cream
August 16, 2004, 03:41:43 pm
Looks like you can't get the stuff through any UK supplier. I wonder if you can just buy it in any old chemist over there. Got a mate who goes there on business alot and will get him to grab some tubes next time. :D

account_inactive

• forum hero
#27 Anti Hydral cream
August 16, 2004, 04:41:04 pm
My Mate Ivan is an amputee climber and has also just finished a degree on Oesthtics and Prothetics.  When I asked him about it he had never heard of it :(

....................Lazy Spanish bastard :roll:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#28 Anti Hydral cream
August 17, 2004, 09:18:31 am
It's already been considered! Thing is, I've given away the location of the cheap source now! Should have kept schtum and ordered a thousand tubes myself to resell at vast profit.

The issue of the running costs of this site has been discussed recently - pretty soon something is going to have to be done as it's getting expensive and it's really important to me that ukb stays independent of any sponsors / manufacturers and also free of advertising.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#29 Anti Hydral cream
August 17, 2004, 08:33:35 pm
Hmm, what does that mean then? contributions? I like this site and would be prepared to stump up some wonga, but perhaps a more discerning marketing/brand strategy could be developed - I mean I can see scally kids in McDonalds car park in head to toe UKB gear with the right pitch  :wink:

Anyway, Antihydral - I am a devotee since Swiss. When you have worn your tips right out application of this muck overnight really really helps - I can't over emphasise how good it is. Anyway, I have a tube, but it aint big and would be interested in getting more. Not to be applied to ones eyes though, as Simone has tested.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#30 Anti Hydral cream
August 17, 2004, 09:12:45 pm
Quote from: "dobbin"
Hmm, what does that mean then? contributions? I like this site and would be prepared to stump up some wonga, but perhaps a more discerning marketing/brand strategy could be developed

See the thread in the moderators forum Dobbin....

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#31 Anti Hydral cream
August 17, 2004, 09:33:18 pm
OMfuckingG

I hadn't opened this thread before, and suddenly the penny drops....anti-hydral....against water....

Anything to combat sweatiness, anything please!! Fucking fed up of being so fucking sweaty  :x  :evil:  :( ....

Seriously I will drink the stuff, bathe in the stuff....

Whoever is doing the Sheffield UKB order, whatever the total order is, just double it for my portion....fuck it, I'll go to Germany and buy as much of the factory I can afford....I have a German friend, I reckon I could do it....

Please tell us the score Bubba when you get it!!

Edit: Needed to add this smiley:  :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: just the thought of anything that might actually work against sweaty hands gives me wood....my surgical spirit at night / liquid chalk before every problem / block of chalk per day tactic still isn't nearly enough...

a dense loner

• forum hero
#32 Anti Hydral cream
August 17, 2004, 10:10:43 pm
do people still use block chalk? this should be made a crime

dave

#33 Anti Hydral cream
August 17, 2004, 11:04:35 pm
block chalk is for sausage-monkeys and butthole-munchers.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#34 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 12:17:53 am
I buy it by the box!

I've tried everything and don't notice enough difference with all the drying agents and shit. Simple old Camp chalk seems to be the best.

Actually, some Italian stuff I got in a big bag in NZ was maybe the best but that might because NZ has a remotely FRESH climate compared to this stinking festering shithole.

dave

#35 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 08:59:31 am
stick it in a refilable chalkball though and mutha nature will thank you.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#36 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 09:10:36 am
I do, but I have to use loose as well...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#37 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 09:12:06 am
Chalk balls suck ass.

dave

#38 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 09:16:17 am
the refillable ones are 500% better than the normal ones thought (i would never use a normal one), mainly since you can keep it filled at that state where you got pleanty out easily, which with normal chalkballs usually lasts about30 minutes.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#39 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 09:19:41 am
I just don't see the point in them really, I'd rather just use loose chalk - it's easier to regulate how much you use and you don't have to faff about squeezing a baggy scrotal sac.

dave

#40 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 09:21:21 am
squeezing the bag is the best part, becomes theraputic and like using a stress squeezer can calm you down a bit, ver relaxing. if i put my hand intoa  chalkbag just full of powder i wouldn't know what to do with myself.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#41 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 09:24:08 am
personally i find that a bag of super chalk lasts a lot longer n is a lot better than bloc chalk pound for pound. may seem expensive but well worth it

squeek

• junky
#42 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 09:47:02 am
I used to use chalk balls all the time, and sometimes put a little slit in the bottom to let some chalk out.  Local wall only sells block chalk so that's what I've been using for a while now, but it just keeps on falling out of chalk bag outside and inside which I don't like.  I've got a reusable chalk ball now, although I haven't started using it.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#43 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 09:49:19 am
if i put my hand intoa chalkbag just full of powder i wouldn't know what to do with myself.

You could always fondle your chalky balls with the other hand  :P

I have the chalkball as something to grasp and get even coverage over my hand, and the loose chalk to actually deliver an adequate amount for the 1.5 seconds it lasts before I sweat it off. Refillable chalk balls also very useful for an emergency back-up supply...

a dense loner

• forum hero
#44 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 10:39:32 am
squeek i think your main prob is that you haven't got a "proper" chalk bag. enter the bucket

squeek

• junky
#45 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 10:47:25 am
But I need one I can stick around my waist for all these routes I do, err, attempt.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#46 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 05:34:18 pm
chalkballs are pretty useful for cleaning the odd sweaty hold

Fingers of a Martyr

• forum hero
#47 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 06:26:20 pm
See the thread in the moderators forum Dobbin

wots the moderators forum?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#48 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 06:27:01 pm
It's a private forum for the moderators  :P

BoulderHog

• addict
#49 Anti Hydral cream
August 18, 2004, 06:27:15 pm
Talking about balls, I managed to completely balls up the order form on that German site, lets see if the order can be delivered with just a house number and street name, I'll be very impressed with the postal service at home and abroad.

Anyway, I'm an idiot, hopefully though my master yoda style web translated email begging them to change the address before it's sent might work "Address please change my delivery to, pleased I will be". If it does, how do people usually apply this stuff - amounts, drying time stuff like that. I can still remember the surgical spirit craze that left five fingers split down the middle after a grit warm up, don't want to experience that again too soon. If someone had told me not to bathe my tips in the stuff for half an hour a night then it wouldn't have happened.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal