UKBouldering.com

Anti Hydral cream (Read 60573 times)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#50 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 08:50:19 am
I will do a 'Dear Deirdre photo casebook' if you like?

You apply a thick layer to just the tips of your fingers. Avoid covering the line where the skin creases - this is liable to cracking, it should be applied thick enough that you cannot see the finger skin underneath. Now go to sleep with your hands up in the air or somehow keep from stuffing your fingers in your eyes/bollocks/arse (delete as appropriate) and wash off in the morning.

DO NOT REAPPLY INSIDE A WEEK! YOU WILL TURN INTO A CRISP. The last part I made up but you should avoid caning it as you WILL get splits.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#51 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 08:56:40 am
That's impossible - I'd just be scratching my arse and re-arranging my nuts all night and end up with a rock hard asshole. Not nice.

Presumably you can put it on for half an hour a few times or something instead?

squeek

• junky
#52 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 09:12:53 am
Butch said that he puts it on and waits for 30 minutes then washes it off, and if he was wanting to go climbing on Sunday, he'd apply it on Friday night.  He was also talking about stuff for cow udders!

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#53 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 09:15:55 am
Quote from: "squeek"
He was also talking about stuff for cow udders!

Bagbalm I think its called- Slightly easier to get hold of than Antihydral.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#54 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 09:22:08 am
That might be Hoofmaker - for horses hooves, but is a really good handcream  - I've got some and it keeps your skin nice and strong, but doesn't help with the sweatiness.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#55 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 09:39:14 am
Quote from: "Bubba"
That's impossible - I'd just be scratching my arse and re-arranging my nuts all night and end up with a rock hard asshole. Not nice.

Young Simone did just this in Swiss and now walks with a limp and has an eye that looks like its glass. Look on the plus side, should you ever get thrown in prison you won't come back with an ass like a torn bus seat.

Quote from: "Bubba"
Presumably you can put it on for half an hour a few times or something instead?

Probably, we were just told to do it overnight - it is impractical though. Sounds like Butch uses it for a brief spell and gets on ok with it. If anyone can translate german I'll post the contents of the instructions...

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#56 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 02:35:34 pm
Wooo! it's arrived!

Two small tubes - no postcode on the address though so glad it got here.

Will try a bit tonight and then report back from the wall tomorrow...

Tim Heaton

• addict
#57 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 02:40:58 pm
Why don't you apply it and then just put your hand in plastic bags/clingfilm overnight so you don't get it everywhere?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#58 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 02:42:36 pm
Too much hassle - I'm just gonna put it on for 1/2 hour or something first. If you put it in bags it'd probably squish everywhere too and I think you only want it on your tips....

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#59 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 02:50:20 pm
Cancel my order if you wake up with a pair of these cheers :wink: .

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#60 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 02:56:01 pm
:lol:

BoulderHog

• addict
#61 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 08:23:29 pm
Well, mine arrived somehow, despite my efforts. I'm excited, like a small child at Christmas with a Nintendo shaped present to open (most presents are Niintendo shaped, I couldn't think of anything funny). Anyway, is there any benefit to be had from whacking this stuff on thin, post font skin? I'm expecting a miracle, I want my skin to resemble that found on the heel of Ghandi (when he was alive preferably) that doesn't sop sweat all over the holds after two moves and is thick & tough. I think I'm heading for a disappointment.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#62 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 08:32:10 pm
I couldn't wait so applied a very thin layer over all over my hands but had stuff to do so probably rubbed it all off. Will do a proper 1/2 hour tonight and hit the wall/crag tomorrow. Also, my new woodie should be up by this weekend too which will be a good testing ground.

If it means I can chalk up half as much then I'm happy.

BoulderHog

• addict
#63 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 08:39:20 pm
Yeah, when you think about it, even if it doesn't affect the thickness of the skin or it's split/wear resistance, it should stop the sweat. When I think of the number of times I couldn't do a problem cos my fingers sopped after the chalk wore off (3 moves in usually), this stuff should make a big difference. Even liquid chalk I didn't really think helped much, it seems to vanish just as quick from the contact parts of the hand. I can't wait to see what this stuff does.

That Hoof maker stuff you mentioned - does it toughen the skin or just soften it?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#64 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 08:39:48 pm
I'm excited already!!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#65 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 08:49:15 pm
Quote from: "BoulderHog"
Yeah, when you think about it, even if it doesn't affect

I've always been a sweaty fingered bastard.

Quote from: "BoulderHog"
That Hoof maker stuff you mentioned - does it toughen the skin or just soften it?

Toughens but keeps it supple too - good stuff. Apparantly the climb-on stuff is cool too.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#66 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 08:53:12 pm
btw, "Antihydral" appears to be a brand name, so there might be something similar available in the uk under a different name.

The main active ingredient is Methenamin.

BoulderHog

• addict
#67 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 08:55:17 pm
I pity the fool who stumbles across this site and doens't know about bouldering - Horses hoof cream, udder cream, amputees stump cream. But we're not strange are we?

You got a supplier for the hoof cream?  :P

Cheers

a dense loner

• forum hero
#68 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 08:57:13 pm
Also, my new woodie should be up by this weekend too which will be a good testing ground.

dave should have about 3000 spare holds  :wink:
have you sold the bike?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#69 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 08:57:13 pm
I know, it is bizarre what we'll try in pursuit of skin-nirvana :lol:.

I got my Hoofmaker from Kv Vet Supplies. They're US based, so again the postage was more expensive than the product.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#70 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 09:00:14 pm
Quote from: "a dense loner"
Also, my new woodie should be up by this weekend too which will be a good testing ground.

dave should have about 3000 spare holds  :wink:
have you sold the bike?

yeah, I've got my eye on some of his holds, though I do fancy a T.H. style wooden hold system thingy as well.

Yeah, sold the bike - was glad to see it go really coz it solved the dilemma of whether to ride it or not. I don't enjoy road riding no more.

The guy who bought it had a fucked up leg from his last crash - he was strapping on some massive brace in my kitchen just to ride the thing home  :shock:

a dense loner

• forum hero
#71 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 09:04:50 pm
the mind boggles. would love a bike but not prepared to put up with the idiots on the road. got hit into the other day by a guy who missed his turn n was reversing back onto the main road. luckily i was only 5 foot behind him. i was so shocked to see him slam on n reverse that i couldn't find my horn. car fine tho so i can still my my hairdressin appointments :D

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#72 Anti Hydral cream
August 19, 2004, 09:08:38 pm
don't want to be late for the salon ;)

best thing to do in these days of over crowded roads and police helicopters with speed cameras is to either just get a track bike which is cheaper anyway, or get an enduro/crosser and have fun off road at speeds where you're less likely to kill yourself.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#73 Anti Hydral cream
August 24, 2004, 09:58:50 pm
Finally got down the wall to test this stuff and I have to say I'm very pleased with it indeed - since I got the stuff I've put a little bit on (less than the amount of toothpaste you'd typically use to clean yer teeth) and then put a bit on about an hour before going to the wall.

I reckon I was chalking up about 1/3 as much as usual, and after a 2 hour session (only easyish routes mind, no sharp crimps or anything) my skin feels tough and pretty unused.

Recommended.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#74 Anti Hydral cream
August 24, 2004, 10:29:02 pm
I reckon I was chalking up about 1/3 as much as usual, and after a 2 hour session (only easyish routes mind, no sharp crimps or anything) my skin feels tough and pretty unused.

OMG I just came  :hyper:  :blowjob:  :up:  :rocker2:  :wiggle:

SOMEONE GET THE SHEFFIELD ORDER IN STRAIGHT AWAY - PM ME AND I'LL COUGH UP STRAIGHT AWAY!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal