• forum hero
#25 Re: Colorado beta
April 22, 2015, 03:44:19 pm
Don't let doylo see you posting stuff like that Chris  :-*

tomtom

• forum hero
#26 Re: Colorado beta
April 22, 2015, 08:46:53 pm

Last US trip we book a sub-comact and got a free upgrade to an SUV.

Ditto. Anyway. A hire car goes where no other car can..

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
#27 Re: Colorado beta
April 25, 2015, 02:24:51 pm
Just (finally) found out today that there is funding to send me to Denver. What are your movements sidewinder?
We will be in Estes Park from the 23rd May to the 6th June with a car and hopefully kit for bouldering trad and sport. Not sure of plans beyond that. Currently finalising wedding plans which are having to take precedent over trip plans.

andy_e

• forum hero
#28 Re: Colorado beta
June 07, 2015, 01:03:08 pm
Here's a tip for future reference, which I unfortunately learned too late: if your colleague suggests dropping you off at Mount Sanitas whilst they go sport climbing, don't do it. I think it's one of the shittest bouldering venues I've ever visited, with dodgy landings, thousands of American hikers and nothing of worth above V1. In fact, nothing of worth below V1 either. The only decent problems I found had terrible rocky landings which was not inspiring on my own. I only put my boots on once and even then only had a few goes on a shitty painful V6 (the hardest climb there). Honestly, I'd rather have the Wilton 2 lowballs any day over that place, even if the shooting club is in there! Massive waste of a sunny day in the Rockies. Gutted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal