UKBouldering.com

Best bouldering wall near Coventry? (Read 7161 times)

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Best bouldering wall near Coventry?
November 14, 2012, 02:23:30 pm
Can any midlands locals tell me where the best bouldering wall near Coventry is please?

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#1 Re: Best bouldering wall near Coventry?
November 14, 2012, 04:44:24 pm
Warwick uni has bouldering.
Then you're looking at Birmingham I believe.

Creation in Moseley is reasonably easy to get to. Follow A45 to the blues ground, take 1st exit on roundabout, then 2nd, 2nd and it's about a mile on left opposite lidl.

There's a new wall near snow hill station too but I've never been as I've moved away.

There's also red point wall near Aston uni.

granticus

• forum abuser
#2 Re: Best bouldering wall near Coventry?
November 14, 2012, 04:59:39 pm
Not a local anymore but.....  Bear Rock Climbing wall is at Warwick University (nowhere near Warwick!) sports centre which is on the outskirts of Coventry towards Kenilworth, probably the best and nearest to Coventry.  It's in an old squash court, the main feature being a looong and steep board.  Not sure what the setting is like as I haven't been for a year or two.  It kind of lost it's atmosphere when the bouldering moved out of the main wall to make room for more routes but would be good for training I guess. 

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#3 Re: Best bouldering wall near Coventry?
November 14, 2012, 09:16:00 pm
Thank you. We went to bear rock tonight.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#4 Re: Best bouldering wall near Coventry?
November 14, 2012, 10:22:57 pm
Andy B sent to Coventry, genius

cofe

• forum hero
#5 Best bouldering wall near Coventry?
November 14, 2012, 10:29:48 pm
The old Bear Rock bouldering in the main wall used to be ace. Especially when I lived 150 metres away from it.

granticus

• forum abuser
#6 Re: Best bouldering wall near Coventry?
November 15, 2012, 09:46:48 am
The old Bear Rock bouldering in the main wall used to be ace. Especially when I lived 150 metres away from it.

Agree.  It was really good fun and a sad day when they knocked it down.  The new(ish) bouldering room is good but it's very enclosed, suits someone who wants to train hard for an hour or so but not so good for being sociable. 

Topher

• regular
#7 Re: Best bouldering wall near Coventry?
November 15, 2012, 03:42:06 pm
I use to climb at bear rock, but no longer. With the dedicated bouldering gyms such as Boulder central, The Climbing factory and the 3 or 4 walls in Birmingham they need to up there game.

The route setting was going backwards and with the small bouldering wall (the size of a squash court) I decided to move on to a place with better facilities.

A lot of the locals who use to train and climb hard voted with their feet and now climb at Pinnacle in Northampton or the other walls i mentioned earlier.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal