UKBouldering.com

Help the Aged, Plantation (Read 1402 times)

lurcher

• regular
Help the Aged, Plantation
November 11, 2012, 06:02:13 pm
Tried this today, after a fair few goes managed to match on the flattie but struggled to move from there and get feet up.  Do I just need to try harder/be more flexible?..   any tips?

The top always seems to be pretty damp/scrittley, does it matter, or once you move/ mantel up its no bother?

Was fun enough just getting to the flattie (think this is as far as I got when I last tried it about 10 years ago..) but keen to go back and top out at some point...

Conditions were good and had just done silk start so was going ok.  This felt harder!

cheers

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#1 Re: Help the Aged, Plantation
November 11, 2012, 06:12:34 pm
Its actually pretty easy once you get going, just lean back and run your feet up. There's a decent foothold just below the handholds, I think its left on that then lean in and mantel.

dave

#2 Re: Help the Aged, Plantation
November 11, 2012, 07:14:28 pm
Once your foot is on the aforementioned foothold there is a pretty juggy slot/pocket up and right - once you've got this its all over, not really any need to fully mantle if that's not your bag.

lurcher

• regular
#3 Re: Help the Aged, Plantation
November 11, 2012, 07:35:22 pm
ta both,  that all makes sense,  probably just need to pull a bit harder on the flattie to get out of the stretched- out position to run feet up!

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#4 Re: Help the Aged, Plantation
November 11, 2012, 08:35:46 pm
I agree with Dave, first time I hit the flattie, sent it.

Took 3 years mind.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal