UKBouldering.com

First ascent reporting protocol for boulder problems (Read 19077 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I'll not bang on about it further as it is off topic. I agree it's less of an issue if most stuff is done by the same names and the history section is detailed. Still, if most of the probs are by a very few folk, why not just put the FA initials after the ascent? I think it's sad to loose this info.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
I'll not bang on about it further as it is off topic. I agree it's less of an issue if most stuff is done by the same names and the history section is detailed. Still, if most of the probs are by a very few folk, why not just put the FA initials after the ascent? I think it's sad to loose this info.

Don't worry, it won't be lost.  I have all of it documented and both the publisher and I have it.  And for the second edition we may put in in.  It depends on what happens with development over the next couple of years. 

andy_e

• forum hero
Who did the other ascents? Polar bears escaping from a gun-toting Sarah Palin?

petejh

• forum hero
Nik Bullock?

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
Who did the other ascents? Normal People escaping from a gun-toting Sarah Palin?

Fixed :)

a dense loner

• forum hero
this is madness. in theory its perfect, in practice its not.

a guy cycling out to stanage at 4am n doin the ace whilst being spotted by spanish guys or the same guy doing a sit start into snatch in boiling conditions just isn't believable, there is absolutely no rationalle to believe this.
a guy who has been ousted as a liar for hard things being filmed and edited by none other than doylo. perhaps this is another hotbed of topic, these vids actually lent massive creedence to claims, and were actually massively inspiring for a time!

the other thing about this. as an example; scott, micky and myself are going to europe for a while, micky is at the cutting edge of bouldering. lots of people would love to see vids of him climbing but like i said there are 2 other people on the trip. i'm useless with a camera and so is scott, the 3 of us are all going to pay a lot of money for the trip and we all have our own plans. i have no interest in filming him.

one more thing just to keep a balanced debate. gaskins has been cited twice in this thread as a pillar of mutantness etc, yet i have only seen 1 video of him doing an 8a+ and falling off an 8a+. people can and have already made their own minds up about this but i do find it strange that his 3 biggest supporters are all the ones who are calling for video evidence, ie dan, panton and nodders.

utter madness.

Doylo

• forum hero

a guy who has been ousted as a liar for hard things being filmed and edited by none other than doylo. perhaps this is another hotbed of topic, these vids actually lent massive creedence to claims, and were actually massively inspiring for a time!

ye for blind twats who can't read *edited ascent*  :wank:

account_inactive

• forum hero
micky and myself are going to europe for a while

This is all I heard

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal