UKBouldering.com

Tracking Extension (Read 1375 times)

Simon W

• menacing presence
Tracking Extension
September 15, 2012, 08:06:18 am
Did Tracking yesterday so want to get on the extension when it's colder.  I've seen the threads on here about crack/pocket/in/out.  Just had a couple of other questions.

So the crack is out on the Strawberries exit but is it in on the extension?  Can't see how you'd get from the Strawberries crack to the Play Hard sloper otherwise really.  Also, any ideas about the flat section of rock at the base of Trackside (pretty much the ground really!)  Seems like you could have a good old rest here before heading up Trackside if it's in.

Planning on using the crack so particularly interested in people telling me it's in!

Ta

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#1 Re: Tracking Extension
September 15, 2012, 09:24:37 am
I thought the crack was in.

I know what you mean about the ledge at the end though.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Tracking Extension
September 15, 2012, 09:34:50 am
Ive not tried the extension, but for me coming out of the traverse and into strawberries - having to change direction to get up strawbs - was the toughest part of a surprisingly good problem..

Simon W

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Tracking Extension
September 15, 2012, 10:03:26 am
Was pretty pumped by the time I got to Strawberries so that was the hard bit for me too.  Looks like the crack would give you a bit of a chance for a shake out before moving on to Trackside which is why I was hoping it's in really.

Right......I'm going with crack in and ledge out then.

Cheers!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal