UKBouldering.com

Digital Region - fast DSL in Yorkshire (Read 1284 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Digital Region - fast DSL in Yorkshire
June 08, 2012, 11:56:00 pm

Just signed up for this, so spreading the word:

For those of us who live in Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster or Barnsley and who aren't lucky enough to either have cable or access to BT Infinity, there is another solution if you want fast broadband.

For the past two years, Digital Region have been rolling out FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet/Curb) over large areas of Yorkshire.

In light of this, several ISPs have sprung up to offer fast DSL services based upon the Digital Region infrastructure.

I've gone with Origin Broadband who offer a completely unlimited VDSL2 service for pretty good prices.  By unlimited, I mean no bandwidth limit and no traffic shaping.

I'm about 300m from the nearest cabinet and my speeds have gone from 3.8 MB/s download / 0.9 MB/s upload / 30ms ping on ADSL2 to 38 MB/s download / 8 MB/s upload / 15ms ping on VDSL2.  That's pretty much 10x faster for £2.50 more per month. Not bad at all.

Now, here's my other motive for promoting this - If anyone does decide to sign up for this and refers me, I can get a bit off my monthly bill, so if you do decide to go for it, please mention my name when you apply :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal