UKBouldering.com

Yes. It's time to open the "Cunt of the Year" competition. (Read 11343 times)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
I think Camercunts "if you question me, I'll call you names. Nah de nah de nah nah..." brand of politics; has to put him back in the lead, no?

Oh, and shouldn't we remind him that the Prime minister is responsible and answerable to the electorate AND THEIR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES!!!!

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
In your mind, not in his.

psychomansam

• forum hero
I need to add Michael Gove MP to the list:

Tory scum millionare public school boy currently destroying state education

One of his first measures was to cut literacy support for kids falling behind in primary. No single cut could have a more destructive effect on social mobility.

Anyone who doesn't like academies is apparently a "trot". These are to state schools what the new NHS reforms are to the NHS. A wedge of privatisation and a big step backwards. Talking to staff at Sheffield schools at the minute, they're either pissed off they are academies, or pissed off they soon will be, all due to financial pressure from the government. It's basically either academy or bankruptcy. http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/jan/30/gove-powers-total-schools-academies

Teachers apparently work a 35 hour week (bahaha) and should have increased working hours as well as an effective 9% pay cut.

Sadly, there's lots more to come...

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
What is this "Trot" crap anyway?

It's a term/person I don't think I've heard mention of for a decade or so, until the last few months.

This is getting so juvenile now, they really are nuts.

Starting to make UKIP and BNP look like, well, normal people...ish...

Ok, that might be stretching things a little...

tomtom

• forum hero
OK, so heres a Q about the present lot of tories (sorry Conservative coalition govt)...

Are this lot just as bad as the last lot? They seem more caring - more sensitive, more of a 'social concience' etc... but was thatcherism the same - but just blunter, with less spin?

Being a child of the v.late 60's I was a teenager during the 80's - remembering the miners strike and poll tax riots in particular.. but dont think I was really old enough to make a balanced judgement...

edit: can I postscript this rambling with tipsy/long day etc.. excuses if I'm wildly off the mark... ;)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
OK, so heres a Q about the present lot of tories (sorry Conservative coalition govt)...

Are this lot just as bad as the last lot? They seem more caring - more sensitive, more of a 'social concience' etc... but was thatcherism the same - but just blunter, with less spin?

Being a child of the v.late 60's I was a teenager during the 80's - remembering the miners strike and poll tax riots in particular.. but dont think I was really old enough to make a balanced judgement...

edit: can I postscript this rambling with tipsy/long day etc.. excuses if I'm wildly off the mark... ;)

That is just spin.

I'm the same age. I remember the 70's though and how out of control and petty the unions were. (devonport dockyard on strike for two weeks because a mechanic switched on the workshop lights when he got in early and that was an "electricians job").

The unions brought Maggie on us with a landslide majority, so she had the mandate for her poison.

The current bunch don't have the mandate.

You can call it window dressing, spin, political machination.

I call it cynical, snide, leering, Randism with a smile...

psychomansam

• forum hero
Oh come one, the current lot aren't THAT bad:

It's not like they ran on one set of policies and implemented another.
It's not like they've caused another recession.
It's not like almost every major policy has been independently shown to bad for the poor and good for the rich.
It's not like the rich are now better off and the poor much worse off since they came into power.
It's not like we've had riots.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero

The unions brought Maggie on us with a landslide majority, so she had the mandate for her poison.

Conservative majority (339 ) 1979 = 43 seats. blame the unions if you like..

Conservative majority (379) 1983 = 144 seats. Blame the Junta.

The miner's strike was 84, after the landslide. it was the Falklands that produced that result, not the unions.

(For those who recollect..ahem...Foot with wild hair on a bus with CND, versus Maggie in a shawl on a Chieftain....no contest, the media DO play a role).

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
They seem more caring - more sensitive, more of a 'social concience' etc...

Tell that to Remploy, amongst others.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero

Conservative majority (339 ) 1979 = 43 seats. blame the unions if you like..

Conservative majority (379) 1983 = 144 seats. Blame the Junta.

The miner's strike was 84, after the landslide. it was the Falklands that produced that result, not the unions.

(For those who recollect..ahem...Foot with wild hair on a bus with CND, versus Maggie in a shawl on a Chieftain....no contest, the media DO play a role).

Yes, I recognise that it was far more complex than my two lines.

It was a trite, off the cuff. Rather like a Cameron comment, but better grounded.

You forgot the Cold War paranoia, the older generations reaction to Punk (and, possibly, later the hope that Maggie might save us from ABC, Duran Duran, Hair Cut 100 et al). Labour hopelessly disorganised and the Liberals reeling from scandal. And so on and so on.

It'd be great if we could solve the worlds problems in a forum post, or even adequately sum it it up...

Hang on,

I can...

FUBAR.

Just about covers it.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Yeah we're always told that the 70s were terrible but this is an interesting look at who they were actually terrible for:

http://flipchartfairytales.wordpress.com/2012/04/30/were-the-1970s-really-that-bad/

For the wealthy, then, the 1970s were the worst of times. Profits were eaten away by high taxation and a bolshy workforce, and, until Margaret Thatcher came along, it looked as though it was going to get worse. No wonder they wanted to consign the decade to the dustbin of history. Perhaps, in future, when we are told how bad the Seventies were we should ask the question, “Bad for whom?”

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
I need to add Michael Gove MP to the list:

Tory scum millionare public school boy currently destroying state education

One of his first measures was to cut literacy support for kids falling behind in primary. No single cut could have a more destructive effect on social mobility.

Anyone who doesn't like academies is apparently a "trot". These are to state schools what the new NHS reforms are to the NHS. A wedge of privatisation and a big step backwards. Talking to staff at Sheffield schools at the minute, they're either pissed off they are academies, or pissed off they soon will be, all due to financial pressure from the government. It's basically either academy or bankruptcy. http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2012/jan/30/gove-powers-total-schools-academies

Teachers apparently work a 35 hour week (bahaha) and should have increased working hours as well as an effective 9% pay cut.

Sadly, there's lots more to come...

:agree: Odious little scrote!

Can I nominate John Terry too? And do I need to state a reason other than the obvious :wank:

:D

mrjonathanr

• forum hero

Yes, I recognise that it was far more complex than my two lines.

I wasn't having a go OMM, just adding that the unions weren't totally to blame. As you say, there's a lot in the mix. Compassion and a sense of public duty aren't two of them, however.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
I'm going to be controversial and suggest removing Murdoch senior from the list. As he has so cleverly shown this week, it's not so much that he is the odious shitbag (that he is) more that the politicians (from all sides) that suck and have sucked up to him are the real low life's..

Bah.

I've now realized I gave you a "wad" for that with the text "Amend, brother"

Clearly, it should've read "Amen"

Duh…

ianv

• forum abuser
I think Clegg should get a nomination. At the end of the day, you know what to expect with the tory party but he has pretty much stuck two fingers up at the vast majority of people who voted Lib Dem, signed a pact with the devil and done fuck all to try and tone down the right wing shit from his coalition partners. 

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
(Clearly, that should be "the voting majority" of NC.

However, I'm given to believe by my sources that revoking the 13th Amendment is thought to be a bit of a "no-goer" by the strategists, and plan to introduce segregated drinking fountains and public transport first)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal