UKBouldering.com

Zaff Skoczylas starting position (Read 2731 times)

leeroy

• forum abuser
Zaff Skoczylas starting position
December 14, 2011, 05:42:07 pm
Was trying this today and was just wondering what holds to start on for the 7b+ tick. I assume the 7c starts left hand in pocket and right on the bottom of the ramp.

Sorry if its an obvious question but wanted to make sure before i bother to put some effort in on it.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#1 Re: Zaff Skoczylas starting position
December 14, 2011, 05:53:25 pm
The 7b+ is a natural sitter, so whatever you can reach from sitting (sidepull left, ramp right I think). The 7c starts with both hands in the low pocket (awkward position) and move out to the ramp.

leeroy

• forum abuser
#2 Re: Zaff Skoczylas starting position
December 14, 2011, 06:02:18 pm
The 7b+ is a natural sitter, so whatever you can reach from sitting (sidepull left, ramp right I think). The 7c starts with both hands in the low pocket (awkward position) and move out to the ramp.

Thanks andy  :)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#3 Re: Zaff Skoczylas starting position
December 14, 2011, 06:43:32 pm
is a natural sitter, so whatever you can reach from sitting

"is a natural sitter" mean sitting on the ground as opposed to a pad (or folded leg even) ?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#4 Re: Zaff Skoczylas starting position
December 14, 2011, 08:13:51 pm
I ended up doing it from the pocket as there didn't seem to be any other logical place.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#5 Re: Zaff Skoczylas starting position
December 14, 2011, 10:02:40 pm
is a natural sitter, so whatever you can reach from sitting

"is a natural sitter" mean sitting on the ground as opposed to a pad (or folded leg even) ?

Shirley a pad is the norm, unless specifically stated otherwise. In my experience a leg folded under to start is usually only used for the equivalent of a cheeky bristol heel as you pull off the floor. ie. cheating. For this problem specifically I don't remember big differences in what people used to start the 7b+ version. As I said, from vague memory it was a slopey sidepull near the arete (under the little pocket, which I avoided using) for your left, and the ramp for your right. As Adam says, if in doubt just do it from the pocket, it's not that much harder anyway.

dave

#6 Re: Zaff Skoczylas starting position
December 14, 2011, 10:09:07 pm
we always used to start this from about the point you see zaf climbing it from on Stick It.

Kingy

• forum hero
#7 Re: Zaff Skoczylas starting position
December 14, 2011, 10:29:36 pm
Where the crux is preventing yourself from dabbing the ground is the shit thing about lowballs

a dense loner

• forum hero
#8 Re: Zaff Skoczylas starting position
December 19, 2011, 10:14:00 pm
its only telling you you need a better core edward

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal