UKBouldering.com

Pain in the palm of the hand ...just below the little finger (Read 8884 times)

gremlin

• stalker
  • Ripped, but still shit!
    • Java shit
After a hard session yesterday at Awsome walls in Stockport I noticed a pain in my left hand at the upper part of the palm just below the little finger. I noticed that the tendon below the skin was visible (opposed to the right hand which is not) and a bit sore to touch.

Is the palm just bruised or is this a sign of a slight tendon tear?

Paul B

• forum hero
this is where my Duputrytens (sp?) Contracture started... There are a couple of threads which might be worth reading.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
you'll be getting a peanut in there before long

gremlin

• stalker
    • Java shit
Shit! A peanut? Is my brief climbing career over? :o

cofe

• forum hero
might be just a tendon tweak in the palm. (i think) the tendons for the little and ring finger join just into the palm - i tweaked mine a few years ago. had you been doing much on 2 finger pockets in the session, or dragging on first 3 fingers?

Nick B

• addict
I had a similar pain before I got a peanut in my hand. They're called ganglion cysts. If it is this it's nothing to worry about and you should be able to carry on climbing. Eventually it'll go away by itself

gremlin

• stalker
    • Java shit
I'll keep an eye on it. I'm gonna' have a week off as a precaution and just do some light stretching of the fingers. I iced last night and it's no longer sore.
As for the type of climbing and holds I was using it was a general mix including longish lead stuff and some mid level boulder problems, so pretty much the entire range of holds I'm guessing, including pockets slopers, crimps etc...

Hope it is a ganglion, I have a couple on my arms and tho they're unsightly, they seems pretty innocuos.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal