UKBouldering.com

Boot resole..ing (Read 36623 times)

torquil

#50 Re: Boot resole..ing
November 27, 2012, 09:45:33 pm
I just wanted to say thanks for all the feedback, I'm about 500 pairs in now and its has been pretty hard work to get to this point but the positivity from ukB has helped loads.

I know I've not totally sussed it yet, not all shoes are as easy to do as others and i'm not totally free of de-laminations (but then I don't think any re-soler is)but I feel its going in the right direction. What I am happy with is keeping the downturn and hollow in shoes, which seems pretty easy, what I find hard is keeping the shape in a shoe where the upper/rands have gone really soft and baggy.

You are keeping me busy which is great but reflected in longer turnaround times, its hard to predict, some days 20 pairs turn up, other days none.  (I currently say 3-10 working days plus postage for turnaround).

Oh, normally I can resole a shoe that has been done before, however I've decided that I don't want to re-do any that have been done by CheshireShoeRepairs as he does things so differently that its hard to go over his work, and I never feel happy with the results. I'd suggest sending them back to him instead.

Ti_pin_man

• obsessive maniac
  • sometimes you see things & curse, damnit no gun
#51 Re: Boot resole..ing
February 05, 2013, 09:11:39 am
I was just about to send my 5.10 verde shoes off to Llanberis, checked their website and it looks like they are out of Stealth rubber. 

If so Torquil, any eta on new stealth arriving?  I can wait a little time as I have another pair of the same in slightly different size but if not anytime soon, where is plan B?  Cheshire resoles?  Anybody recommend?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#52 Re: Boot resole..ing
February 05, 2013, 09:28:49 am
You are keeping me busy which is great but reflected in longer turnaround times, its hard to predict, some days 20 pairs turn up, other days none.  (I currently say 3-10 working days plus postage for turnaround).

I hope you are getting enough time to do some climbing yourself - that's what is important

fried

• forum hero
#53 Re: Boot resole..ing
February 05, 2013, 09:52:05 am
I saw this last week, I'd happily pay to have someone do it for me but what with the postage from France I'l have a go at a bit of D.I.Y. worth a try for anyone suffering from 'Blanco heel'.

http://www.llanberisresoles.com/pages/mods.html

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#54 Re: Boot resole..ing
March 09, 2013, 09:37:14 pm
Another  :thumbsup: for Torquil at Llanberis resoles. Just got 2 pairs back a week to the day of posting them.

A very fine job, my Magos look as absolutely as good as new. Only with stickier rubber  :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:42:34 pm by mrjonathanr »

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#55 Re: Boot resole..ing
December 03, 2015, 10:53:40 am
Does anyone know who does the resoles for TCA Glasgow and how good they are?

I reckon my boostics should be fine for moderate trad and indoor circuit shuffling after a resole.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#56 Re: Boot resole..ing
December 03, 2015, 10:38:54 pm
Torquil has just redone my Instinct LU and Vs. Quality job, Grip 2 instead of Edge, better than new I think. Postage will be same from Scotland as England..

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#57 Re: Boot resole..ing
December 04, 2015, 08:05:35 am
Torquil  has just redone my Instinct LU and Vs. Quality job, Grip 2 instead of Edge, better than new I think. Postage will be same from Scotland as England..

http://www.llanberisresoles.com/

(to save people trawl back through the thread).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal