UKBouldering.com

Talk Talk are cnuts, but who should I go with? (Read 2324 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
I thought that Tiscali were a bunch of cnuts (although to be fair when I sued them I did get to talk to a grown up who sorted things out and paid me a bunch of cash) until I've had to try and deal with Talk Talk re a problem with our phone line.

So who's the best provider in terms of value and customer service (or am I deluded with regard to the later)?

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing
I think you'll find that all broadband/phone suppliers are shit at some point - it's a bit of a lottery whether you will be lucky and not encounter issues..

Sorry for my non-constructive reply, I just can't think of a single company that I can actually say are 100% good at everything they do..

BT will fuck you over as will Sky and it may not be a good idea to go with a smaller company in case things go wrong!

Sloper

• forum hero
I wouldn't cross the road to piss in Murdoch's mouth if his teeth were on fire so that rules out Sky.

I have had to sue BT and Tiscali in the past so won't be touching BT with a bargepole.

recommendations please?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
I've been very happy with O2, only worth it if you've got your mobile with them tho

chris05

• forum abuser
As much as I hate to say it, virgin broadband have been quite good so far.....

No doubt you have recently sued them or would refuse to piss on them? ;)

Sloper

• forum hero
No I've never sued Virgin, the list is short and includes MW Morrisons Plc (trial date 1 Spetember, boy I can't wait) and don't rearly object to the ginger egotist.

Tris

• forum hero
  • Next left...
    • Cheshire Climbing
I've been very happy with O2, only worth it if you've got your mobile with them tho
I have mobile broadband with O2 and they are shiter than shite. The mobile towers keep dying and you can't get through to anyone. Was in a queue for 1 hour last week before it got to 8pm and the fuckers went home. I didn't speak to anyone.. I get more info from punters on their forums than employees of O2!

Don't know if their landline broadband service/customer service is any better or you've had to speak to anybody about it to find out so to speak?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
As much as I hate to say it, virgin broadband have been quite good so far.....

:agree:

but the service we get comes through the cable thingy rather than down a phone line, so you need to be in a suitable area.

Sloper

• forum hero
You can actually get Virgin down a phone line which they 'provide'.

As for Talk Talk, their cuntishness has not diminished but at least their chief executive responds promptly to correspondence, anyone want his email address?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Talk Talk are pathetic it's true.

We went with Sky as already had the tv package with them so phone/broadband/tv works out cheaper. They sorted out the problem which Talk Talk wouldn't do anything about for months within a week. Their customer service has been excellent so far.

I can't stand Murdoch but I want to watch football on tv. The same package with Virgin is £20 per month more expensive and doesn't even have all the sport channels so there's no contest. However, if you're just getting phone / internet Virgin are good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal