UKBouldering.com

Straight SWAP- my Beastmaker 2000 for your 1000 (Read 6297 times)

Nike Air

• forum abuser
Anyone got a beastmaker 1000 that they want to upgrade to a 2000. We are after swapping ours because the wife would prefer the 1000 due to its two jugs. The 1000 should be a good compromise. Ours is in good condition BTW.

Based in the north west.

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
The Wife needs to man up.
What does she want the jugs for? She's long past deadhanging on anything that big, and fingerboards are rubbish for pullups because the grip is way too narrow.
Do you want me to have a word?

Nike Air

• forum abuser
The Wife needs to man up.
What does she want the jugs for? She's long past deadhanging on anything that big, and fingerboards are rubbish for pullups because the grip is way too narrow.
Do you want me to have a word?
Apparently its better for hanging the washing on! Coat hangers dont work well on the 45s! ;)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
I'll swap you your Beastmaker 2000 for one of these:

Deal?

Nike Air

• forum abuser
No deal, that would never fit above the door!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
You evidently need a bigger house :lol:

Paul B

• forum hero
fingerboards are rubbish for pullups because the grip is way too narrow.

Not being a human triangle my BM is about shoulder width grip (if it had jugs). I know that lat specific stuff, greater width and a bit of angle is useful in that department. Interested to learn why this would be too narrow (genuinely)?

Serpico

• forum hero
fingerboards are rubbish for pullups because the grip is way too narrow.

Not being a human triangle my BM is about shoulder width grip (if it had jugs). I know that lat specific stuff, greater width and a bit of angle is useful in that department. Interested to learn why this would be too narrow (genuinely)?

You must be wider than that surely? I find that fingerboard pullups tend to be very T-Rex style, or doggy style if you prefer, in particular they lack the emphasis on the lats, traps, and possibly rotator cuff that a wider grip gives. My preference is for suspended grips (rings, handles, rock rings) because this allows for a degree of pronation which removes some of the stress from the lateral epycondyle and lets you bring the hands back level with shoulders (squeezing the shoulder blades together) emphasizing the traps/rotator cuff.

Serpico

• forum hero
I forgot, also activates the long head of the tricep which attaches at the shoulder blade and is used to bring the arm into the body.

Paul B

• forum hero
You must be wider than that surely?

yeah but not to the point at which I've ever thought that the doorjam bar or fingerboard weren't wide enough.
Ring pullups, no, rings in general are amazing. Shame the only set I have got access to are in the works.

Thanks for hitting me with some SCIENCE!   :off:

tomtom

• forum hero
Anyone got a beastmaker 1000 that they want to upgrade to a 2000. We are after swapping ours because the wife would prefer the 1000 due to its two jugs. The 1000 should be a good compromise. Ours is in good condition BTW.

Based in the north west.

If after all of the above  :) you still want to swap, I'd be happy to... The 1000 is great - and still is great for me, but I'm probably a wee bit better now than when I first got one and fancy the change/upgrade. I'm based in Manchester most weekends so that might work out - but I'm not back in the UK until 8th/9th Aug. Drop me a PM if you're interested. T

grimer

• forum hero
I got a beastmaker last year, around the same time as a couple of friends were getting one. Thinking a 1000 might suit me best I mentioned this to my friends who scornfully laughed at me and told me they had 2000s. I had no choice but to get the 2000, mounted it, then found I could only use about 3 of the grips.

I convinced the BMC they needed an office finger board, bought a 1000, swapped it for mine at home and mounted to 2000 at work.

To be honest, the jugs (and the 15 holds smaller than two-fingers second-joint) is one thing that I never use on the 1000.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal