UKBouldering.com

For Sale: cellar woodie + tons of holds, the whole shabang. (Read 5141 times)

dave

I'm officially giving up the dream.

Looking at selling my board and/or all the holds, I'm pretty sure that I'm never going to get round to putting it up again and I could do with the spare cash. However I'm not going to drag it all out of the cellar and work out what I've got to sell if nobody is keen.

So basically what I've got is, from memory:
  • 4x 8x2foot 3/4" plywood boards with t-nuts (probably a bit rusty by now but I'll check) Might be the odd bit of mold on the boards by now but nothing rotting etc. I did paint the lot with an antifungal shit at one point
  • A kickboard
  • A few other smaller t-nutted boards that fitted around rafters.
  • 5x 2x4" beams, the diagonal main beams of the board, each one with a strong in-line joint into the short kickboard foot section.
  • A shit load of spare t-nuts, at a conservative estimate about 150-200.
  • A shit load of resin holds, a substantial proportion of which are unused. All the used ones are still fairly clean as I generally climbed as a bill no-mates in there and brushed them all with OCD-like obsession. A mixture of screw-on and bolt-on. I honestly don't know how many but it think it could well be 200+. Brands represented are Moon, Metolious, Beacon, Holdfast (same as the old S7/moon stuff), Franklin, Holdz, Frenchrock, Bleaustone, Rockworks, plus some others. Crimps, minijugs, big slopers, pinches, pockets, even a jamming crack in there.
  • Shit load of screw-on fooholds, plus screws.
  • A select bunch of wooden holds, a handful of crudely made jobs (my handywork) plus a set of identical system holds I had made by that Starlingholds guy, including half a dozen each of flat rail-type crimps, pinches, combo incut/undercuts, and combo sloper/slopeyjugs. All with matching system wooden footholds. Plus a few random starlingholds pocket, edges etc.
  • A shit load of bolts, one for every hold I had on the board, various lengths plus some spares. Some of the american made holds mentioned above came with queer imperial t-nuts and bolts too which can be thrown in too.
  • A few old bouldering mats which were used as a landing area.

This setup in my old gaff was at 45degrees, so a lot of the holds were chosen for that angle, although there's a fair few I never used cos they were either too big or too small, and a load I used upside down as undercuts and what have you, so basically this lot should be good for any angle board really from 30-50degrees. The timber and board would probably slot into the standard sheffield terrace cellar with little to no modification. Mine was about 6"6 tall as you stood in it. Or canabalise the boards/beams for another type of wall.

For any collectors of celebrity memorabilia, the team who assisted building this initially included a young lad by the name of James "E12" Pearson, so some of his DNA might still be on there. Ditto such luminaries as Chris "Doyle" Doyle and Irish Simon "Irish 'jap' Si" Si.

So if anyone wants this lot or some of the above let me know and I can go down in the cellar, dig all the holds out and do an inventory and get some prices up. Other wise I'll burn the boards and throw the holds in a shallow grave on the moors.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:14:13 pm by dave »

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Dave, I might be interested in some of the bits, although shipping might be a 'mare, unless someone locally wants the whole lot, then by all means seize the opportunity.

Once I can learn to measure something properly and actually write it down!

dave

I think local pickup would be preferable Chris, for the buyer as much as me cos a box full of resin holds weighs a fucking ton = £££. Lets see how it goes though, I'm not ruling anything out at this stage.

Dolly

• forum hero
I'd be interested in holds Dave - and maybe old mats as well  - I'll PM you with my details

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I think local pickup would be preferable Chris, for the buyer as much as me cos a box full of resin holds weighs a fucking ton = £££. Lets see how it goes though, I'm not ruling anything out at this stage.

Works for me. If you end up with a bag of T nuts and shit at the end of your dealings it might be worthwhile taking them off your hands..

dave

OK then here are some photos. Dolly came and took some off my hands today so I've got more photos of some sets, I'll just have to work out what I've got left now, but everything in the following 6 shots is still up for grabs. Obviously I'm not selling spoons or laminate flooring.

Set of frenchrock holds - brilliant concave pinches plus some pockets and crimps. All been used. £20.

Moon holds. 5 schoolroom bolt-on holds, 11 small screw ons and 7 big screwons. All been used except the small screwons. £18

Big set of 30 Franklin holds. Hardly been used, some lightly, some never, about a 50/50 split. Ranges from a 2-handed jug to slopey dogshit via everything in between. £28.

Load of small screwon footholds.
20 yellow/green Entreprise ones, about half of which have been used. £8.
13 Metolius footholds, one or two have been used, the rest untouched. £5.
7 Moon footholds, bigger and a bit smearier, mostly used, £5
or £15 for the lot.

Set of early Bleaustone symetrical training holds, all used to some extent. £8

Set of bespoke wooden system holds. Starling Holds, the guy used to post on here, not sure if he still does. These were brilliant. Set of 6 identical pinches, set of 6 identical crimps with a quite incut side and a flatter side, so you can either rotate them or use the bottom half as an undercut. Also 10 identical footholds, with an incut side and a flat side. All used, £20.

Have got a range of screws and bolts for these if you need em, up for negotiation. I've got mainly countersunk bolts but also some capheaded for the franklin and the moon school ones. Ditto t-nuts, i've got hundereds.

(Dolly - I forgot to show you the set of frenchrock holds, the were lurking on the cellar steps! - whoops.)

account_inactive

• forum hero
I'll take the Starling wooden holds off you. PM me when you get chance

chummer

• forum abuser
I'll take all of these holds that you haven't sold yet, the job lot.
Cheers
Jon

TonyS

• regular
Hi Dave,

May be up for taking the boards etc from you.  Not that bothered about the holds if you can sell them seperate as I have a very good source for these very very very cheap.

Just let me know what you have and how much you want and see if we can sort something out.

Cheers

Tony S

dave

Nice one tony, i'll pm you about the boards with a detailed rundown when i get a minute this week. cheers.

Dolly

• forum hero
Dolly - I forgot to show you the set of frenchrock holds, the were lurking on the cellar steps! - whoops

No worries - I can barely fit on all the holds I picked up anyway  :)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
if the wood holds havnt all been snaffled.. I'll have them off you.. but I expect such visions of beauty now reside with Dylan.

dave

Jon I've PMed you with the lowdown. Cheers.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
PM back.

Thanks.

dave

• 4x 8x2foot 3/4" plywood boards with t-nuts (probably a bit rusty by now but I'll check) Might be the odd bit of mold on the boards by now but nothing rotting etc. I did paint the lot with an antifungal shit at one point
  • A kickboard
  • A few other smaller t-nutted boards that fitted around rafters.
  • 5x 2x4" beams, the diagonal main beams of the board, each one with a strong in-line joint into the short kickboard foot section.

BUMP

In the excitement of selling all my holds I forgot to get rid of the wood/boards, and could do with freeing up some space at home now. So if anyone wants to offer me a nominal fee for the above you can come and take em away. PM me.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:18:47 am by dave »

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
How big is the kickboard and where abouts are you, need a couple more panels to finish off my board.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Don't get him started on kickboards......

dave

Boards and shit now gone, cheers.

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
How big is the kickboard and where abouts are you, need a couple more panels to finish off my board.

Ah good skilz mr peewee

peewee

• obsessive maniac
  • Wilko Baggins
  • If in doubt, Lock it out (Dynamically)
They are in my car waiting to be fitted tonight, just need some more holds to fill it now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal