UKBouldering.com

Shit driver correlation factors. (Read 30013 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#25 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 12:19:02 pm
Hogwash. David Hasselhoff is massive in Germany.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#26 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 12:20:06 pm
The exception that proves the rule.

Paul B

• forum hero
#27 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 12:22:42 pm
anything that screams company car:

Audi A3 2.0 Tdi's
BMW 1 series hatchback (because anyone with sense or buying with their own money would have bought a golf)
etc.

People just don't bother taking care of them.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#28 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 12:23:22 pm
But you're above average, I make up all my stats on the spot, well about 99.5%, is that significant?

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#29 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:01:42 pm
BMW 1 series hatchback breadbin (because anyone with sense or buying with their own money would have bought a golf)
etc.

:agree:

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#30 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:04:32 pm
"Remember one thing about statistics - statistics is like a mini skirt, they reveal more than they conceal, but the fact remains that they conceal the most important parts!! "

Aberdeen boss Ebbe Skovdahl on Arild Stavrum having more shots on target than Henrik Larsson (but it has been used by others as well)

With regard to BMW drivers - somewhere in the last few years there has been a subtle shift in the automobile buying of the UK Road using cretin and they have migrated en mass to the Audi - I almost expect a degree of competence from a BMW driver these days though a BMW 1 series is an exception to that rule.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#31 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:06:55 pm
But you're above average, I make up all my stats on the spot, well about 99.5%, is that significant?

Significantly different from what is the question.

"Remember one thing about statistics - statistics is like a mini skirt, they reveal more than they conceal, but the fact remains that they conceal the most important parts!! "

Aberdeen boss Ebbe Skovdahl on Arild Stavrum having more shots on target than Henrik Larsson (but it has been used by others as well)

I know nothing of football or the statistics thereof, but Statistics begins with asking the right question, if you're not asking the right question you're answer isn't going to reveal anything, and you have to be very careful in collecting the correct data etc. etc. blah, blah blah.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#32 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:09:23 pm

With regard to BMW drivers - somewhere in the last few years there has been a subtle shift in the automobile buying of the UK Road using cretin and they have migrated en mass to the Audi - I almost expect a degree of competence from a BMW driver these days though a BMW 1 series is an exception to that rule.

I'm not sure. X5 drivers, percentage wise, still seem to take the biscuit (based on the recent period of bad weather in particular). I find that if you presume they are going to drive like total and utter cunts then you're not often surprised. Statistically, this is fact.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer
#33 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:15:39 pm

I'm not sure. X5 drivers, percentage wise, still seem to take the biscuit (based on the recent period of bad weather in particular). I find that if you presume they are going to drive like total and utter cunts then you're not often surprised. Statistically, this is fact.

Chuck in the X6, (described by Clarkson as the most stupid car ever designed) and the Audi Q7 and we're getting somewhere.  Had to help a guy in a Q7 out of a parking space up at Burbage bridge the other day.  Obviously hadn't the faintes tidea how the car worked, how to engage the limited slip diff blah, blah, blah.  Stupid cars driven by stupid people.........

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#34 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:20:08 pm

I am tempted to add them to the list of BMW's  that you would expect to display cretinous driving but I will just add a separate group to my rule called the "School Mum 4x4" which neatly encompasses X5's, X6's, Q7's VW Touregs and many other similar "cars".

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#35 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:24:42 pm
I quite the look of the X6, that it's very existence seems to offend many people only adds to the appeal. I can't speak for the drivers tho...

P.S. Butters categorisation is good!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#36 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:28:40 pm
I know what you mean Fiend. It is a fucking ridiculous car and so obviously offensive that it's almost ironic. Unfortunately (statistically speaking) I bet a grand total of 0% of those buying the monstrosity will see the irony.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#37 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:30:02 pm
I'd quite like a 6 wheel stretch X6 with a turret on top. Not sure what to put on the turret but I guess inspiration would strike somehow.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
#38 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:30:51 pm
I quite the look of the X6, that it's very existence seems to offend many people only adds to the appeal. I can't speak for the drivers tho...

P.S. Butters categorisation is good!

I'll bite Fiend.  The X6 is more a declaration of war than a car.  I hate it with a passion.......

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
#39 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:32:52 pm
Back to correlation factors.  Those who don't see the snow as an excuse to have an enormous amount of fun doing hand-brake turns and generally acting in a juvenile manner - shit drivers all.............

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#40 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:33:07 pm
I'd quite like a 6 wheel stretch X6 with a turret on top. Not sure what to put on the turret but I guess inspiration would strike somehow.

It's obvious isn't it?

Paul B

• forum hero
#41 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:45:59 pm
Back to correlation factors.  Those who don't see the snow as an excuse to have an enormous amount of fun doing hand-brake turns and generally acting in a juvenile manner - shit drivers all.............

Mines got an annoying function that bleeps at you when you put the handbrake on at speed which kind of ruins the fun a little. However, it doesn't make any noise when your helpful passenger hits the traction control off button. You've got to love Italian design.

Most of the X series are a waste of space. My g/f's Dad used to have the 4.4i and it averaged 12.9 Mpg over its life with him. Last year when it snowed down south it was so useless he had to get a hotel as he was completely stranded. He even tried to follow a lorry that was carving tracks through the snow/slush and it wouldn't have any of it.

fatkid2000

• junky
#42 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 01:53:02 pm
Most 4x4 are made for people who think they are safer and to look good in the the Yummy Mummy world of the school gates. Some tart was trying to drive one up my road and her X5 was all over the place.

If you live on a farm in the middle of the country then its fair enough to hand a Land-Rover to get about your estate.

Why city dwellers need a car with high wheel clearance is a complete mystery to me. If you have to get about alot in the snow then it may be fair enough to drive an Audi Quattro or something similar - but for the majority who use the 2cm of snow excuse not to go to work they are a complete waste of time. The best car I've used in snow is an Audi Allroad - but its well outside my budget.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#43 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 02:01:28 pm
Bird I work with's ex-husband has a Volvo XC90. As soon as the bad weather came the "Dynamic Stability and Traction Control with Electronic Brake Assistance" (or WANKER for short) failed and it's been sat on his drive since.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
#44 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 02:36:35 pm
The Q7 I had to help out was wierd.  Because the front wheels were spinning a bit, the throttle refused to work.  Lots of warning sirens and lights.  I just wellied it, obviously..............

Yossarian

• forum hero
#45 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 05:36:10 pm
Ha ha!  I saw a matt black X6 in London the other day, and I must admit I thought it looked rather good.

It was a bit like a poor man's Batmobile.

I obviously haven't bought one, but on the basis of the opinions on here I think said purchase mightn't be such a bad idea.

(Obviously I won't be going for the McAerial and ChocFudgeSundae holders. Just prole detectors front and rear and a numberplate starting with C.  With a T towards the end...)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#46 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 05:45:02 pm
are 13% or 17% made up elsewhere?

Canary M Burns

• Shatner's Bassoon Engineer
#47 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 07:02:06 pm
I think there could well be a correlation between the menopause and random panic whilst driving in the snow.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 07:26:05 pm by Canary M Burns »

saltbeef

• forum hero
#48 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 07:05:41 pm
i wear a hat in my car because it takes a while for the car to warm up when its -12. Therefore I must be a shit driver. I also drive a bmw therefore I must be a cunt. (or maybe i just wanted a reliable, economical ((55+mpg))car,) it is however shit in the snow. It is great other times and of course I've got fucking right of way.

fried

• forum hero
#49 Re: Shit driver correlation factors.
January 08, 2010, 07:10:26 pm
Is it a black BMW by any chance..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal