UKBouldering.com

At last - a gritstone day when I can get out. (Read 8111 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
At last - a gritstone day when I can get out.
November 30, 2003, 10:26:30 am
Looking good from here - my ass is heading gritwards  :D

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
watch out for all those who are essay-bound to their homes :sniper:

hehe have a good day mate, where you gunna go?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Dunno yet, I'd like to go somewhere quietish so might head out to Eagle or somewhere like that - just got a couple of things to sort first....

Bad luck having to do work on a Sunday though - be better when you get that fingerboard sorted.

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
yeah innit.. and if i get into the habit of working my ass off in the week.. essays like this won't be needing to be done on the weekend when i could be climbing

oh well this thursday is a me and me missus trip to the roaches en route to her house in brum so that'll be good

dave

Quote from: "Bubba"
Looking good from here - my ass is heading gritwards  :D

by the time you posted this, i'd been up 3 1/2 hours and we'd written off 2 cars, and john got mild whiplash. and that all before i got to a crag.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Shit lads, how the fuck did you manage that? Everyone ok?

dave

long story - brow of hill, 1 car slows cos of a phesant, then has to slam anchors on cos it don't move, other car skids into back of it, nasty slam - just one of those things. the recovery guy says the phesant often pulls that same stunt. could have been much worse though, if windows had broken etc, glass in eyes etc don't bear thinking about. everyone alright, bar john's stiff neck.

At least we know crumple zones really work.

managed a good skin-shredding burbage circuit though......all the playaz were out.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Shit, glad you're all ok!

It's a natural reaction to hit the brakes when something runs out in front of you. Greasy roads don't help none.

dave

on the subject of burbage, fone some dope shit today - theres a B8 over left of remergence, just beneath wollock. its like slopers up the back edge of a slab, and it really is the easiest B8 i've seen in a long time! nice hold though, a bit slappy.

Mike_H

• menacing presence
Had a good day bouldering at the Bridestones today, got there early did quite a bit, then the weather turned a bit damper and the friction was wank.

Still good day all in all, and nice to get out on grit and climb!

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Well I had a very pleasant day at work :(  but.....
have all of next week off :D  :D
looking at weather it might be tuesday till I get out on the grit but will be making a visit to mr vickers & mr parry's excellent indoor type venue tomorrow just to get some training in

Hurray for me..... 7 days off work :P

mozzer

• addict
Dave, selecta photos - didnt realie the crash had rearranged Wykesy's number plate.

Saw scuffle this arvo when i picked up my motor and hes gone and pierced his nip - thats why he wasnt out at ramshaw! Yowser.

gingerly drove home in paranoid mode, still nearly managed to fall asleep at the wheel - nice.

I hope john is making the most of his stiff neck and getting eleen to do everything for him! ;)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Quote from: "mozzer"
Dave, selecta photos - didnt realie the crash had rearranged Wykesy's number plate.

Who's car was it?! Is Wykesy Mike Weeks?

dave

nah its someone totally different.

mozzer, $cuffle is such a P.I.M.P. :lol:

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
spent the day sleeping off my stag do

still feel crap now so must have been good, seem to recall it being light again when i made my way home at 9.00am - dragging the ball (solid concrete) and chain that they'd thoughfully tied to my ankle and swinging the arm they'd also thoughtfully plaster casted up for me

can't wait to see the pictures to find out what i actually got up to - seem to have a few blank spots in my mind, for good reason most likely

Scouse D

• forum hero
Word D, that B8 at burbage is flava. It's really quite good from a sit start- all sorts of huggery required(and probably worthy of B8)

dave

yeah had a brief go at the sitter, didn't sus what you were allowed to start, since the lowest chalked LH arete hold was out of reach for a genuine sit. glad i didn't do it really cos i need something to come back for and actualy do, i.e. thats sub-7c.

anyone got any beta on blind fig?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Quote from: "dave"
anyone got any beta on blind fig?

keep watching hard grit?

dave

yeah i recon turned-up cords and a red vest will get me up it.

mozzer

• addict
crank like a disease, man. Thats all you need to do.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
alright, I too had an ill day at Burb North - I'm assuming that it was you I bumped into at Remergence then Dave. I was the short geezer in the black

If so, nuff respect on the beta - I'll be trying that next time and well done for getting Submergence.

dave

it may well have been me you saw at remergence, but i dind't do submergence. were you wearing moccasyms or summert else? there were so many people out its all merged into one generic boulderer in my memory.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
yeah, should have finished me sentence above- v shiny new-looking red 5.10 mocs, filthy snap pants and a range of long sleeve/short sleeve combos in a bouldering style.

I finally knocked off that B6 eliminate over to the left of Remergence (the one off the undercut and pinch) after ages of waiting so I was well stoked.

dave

yeah i can visualize ya now - nuff respect. you got remerge didn't you? effort.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
naaah, that was me mate Dave - I was the other short geez in that crew.

I kept getting up to the crimps and greasing off...I was probably whinging about me arm a bit. Next time though.

Bad luck on the car smash - that looks pretty fucked up. I remember going straight through the dry stone wall at Fox House a few years bad. I wasn't driving but it shat me up good and proper.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal