UKBouldering.com

Terminator Vision (Read 1329 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Terminator Vision
August 11, 2009, 01:12:48 pm
Terminator Vision sounds quite interesting.

I noticed a year or so ago that some cameras came with built in GPS for tagging pictures which I thought was very neat, but this sounds like it will turn individuals into their own private Google Streetmap if they're recording stuff :lol:

Pretty handy though, the next logical step for smart phones.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1 Re: Terminator Vision
August 20, 2009, 10:12:17 am

I noticed a year or so ago that some cameras came with built in GPS for tagging pictures which I thought was very neat, but this sounds like it will turn individuals into their own private Google Streetmap if they're recording stuff :lol:

I've just noticed that streetview is now on the maps app on my iphone.
Its really really good - fills the whole screen, and you can drag and pinch to change view/zoom - then just press in the direction you want to go. Really seriously impressed. Much better interface than the web version - and very quick.
Mines only a 3g, so not sure whether it works with the compass on a 3gs to orientate the image in the direction you are going.. but it wouldnt surprise me.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: Terminator Vision
August 20, 2009, 12:04:27 pm

I've just noticed that streetview is now on the maps app on my iphone.
Its really really good - fills the whole screen, and you can drag and pinch to change view/zoom - then just press in the direction you want to go. Really seriously impressed. Much better interface than the web version - and very quick.
Mines only a 3g, so not sure whether it works with the compass on a 3gs to orientate the image in the direction you are going.. but it wouldnt surprise me.

Aww, Apple have only just caught up with Street View, had that using the official Google Maps app for the N95 since Street View went live  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal