UKBouldering.com

Jerry Moffatt - Liverpool and Bristol - March 2009 (Read 9741 times)

cofe

• forum hero
I know there's a few Liverpool/north west and Bristol cats on here who might be interested to know that Jerry is doing lectures in their respective necks of the woods in March:

Wednesday 11 March, 7:30pm. Cotswolds Liverpool. Tel: 0151 7070323

Sunday 15 March, Time TBC. The Climbing Academy, Bristol. Tel: 0117 907 2956

There's also dates TBC, including London and Manchester.

Seemed to go down well at The Works in Sheff last night.

Ta.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
I'd heard that Jerry was heading to Scousetown. Will most definately be there  :great:

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac

Dammit not around to even travel to scousepool. How likely is the manc date? will definately be interested in that one should it be made concrete.

Cheers
Tim

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
yyfy  :dance1:

cofe

• forum hero

Dammit not around to even travel to scousepool. How likely is the manc date? will definately be interested in that one should it be made concrete.

Cheers
Tim

Will post up here as soon as I know.

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Priceless. Just remind him to not rock up in whatever set of fly wheels he happens to be rolling in at the moment. And lose the rocks and watch.

BenF

• forum hero
Calm down Tom, calm down...   Stop it with them stereotypes.    ;)

roddersm

• stalker
Any planned for Ireland?

chummer

• forum abuser
'Ah dats glate da der la'......Just phoned Liverpool, 150 tickets available from Monday, and it starts at 7,7.30 ish.  :great:
Nice one cofe!

chummer

• forum abuser
Oh, and they're only a tenner and there will be beer if it's well attended. Ideal. :beer1:

adam p

• regular
Keeping my fingers crossed that the Jerry roadshow will make it to London....am sure there'd be enough interest to make it worthwhile....

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
What a crying shame it is that regional stereotype jokes cannot persist in the face of hyper political correctness meatball. My own fucking family are from here so what's the beef?  :shrug:

BenF

• forum hero
What a crying shame it is that regional stereotype jokes cannot persist in the face of hyper political correctness meatball. My own fucking family are from here so what's the beef?  :shrug:

WTF Tom?  If that's aimed at my comment, get a grip.  Maybe I should have used a wink emoticon with my own tongue in cheek stereotyping.  Maybe I've missed your irony.  Sorry if I have.

cofe

• forum hero
as an aside, we were on about pinch strength n shit in font in November and i mentioned about Scouse D's small thumbs and limited ability. a tense boner astutely noted that it must be rather embarrassing to be from liverpool and not be good at pinching.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

WTF Tom?  If that's aimed at my comment, get a grip.  Maybe I should have used a wink emoticon with my own tongue in cheek stereotyping.  Maybe I've missed your irony.  Sorry if I have.

Look at Mono's recent Karma stats  ;)

BenF

• forum hero
Thanks slack_line, I understand now (I was puzzled by the Meatball reference, presumed it was a term that I hadn't heard before).  All a bit ridiculous.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
as an aside, we were on about pinch strength n shit in font in November and i mentioned about Scouse D's small thumbs and limited ability. a tense boner astutely noted that it must be rather embarrassing to be from liverpool and not be good at pinching.

I'm from scousepool and laughed out loud at that.   ;D :lol:

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
Keeping my fingers crossed that the Jerry roadshow will make it to London....am sure there'd be enough interest to make it worthwhile....

I've been told its coming to the arch by a regular.

adam p

• regular

I've been told its coming to the arch by a regular.

ta, hope so....isn't sharma doing something there too? not that i'd stump up again after his castle show last year....it was alright, but being chris sharma alone didn't make it worth the dosh....though magpie might disagree ;)

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
Yeah I think thats any day soon. Must say it didn't appeal to me too much.

I did hear story about the aftermath of the Dave Graham one though. Apparently they went on the lash and DG got whammed (was told he could just about stand). They decided at end of night to go for a climb and in his drunken state he still managed to crank like a mo fo!

meatball

• menacing presence
    • Chuck Norris facts

I didnt pick up on any humor in your first post, so in this instance used the karma system for what it is meant for (or maybe i am mistaken?)  Cofe's post on the other hand was told with humor. The last thing i want is 'beef', i have vastly more important things in life to be getting on with.
Besides all this is  :off: and an internet forum is not the place to have this discussion, you have my number Mono.

Looking foward to seeing Jerry

Dave Deary

saintlade

• player
Cheers for the mention Cofe,

Liverpool lecture is going to be an ace night. Moon, DMM and Wild Country are supporting us with prizes. There will be 15% discount on the night in store as well as lots of other small freebies; and hopefully, depending on numbers and final costs, plenty of beer.

:beer2:

Doors will open at 7.00pm and the lecture will start promptly at 7.30pm.

Tickets are priced at £10 and will be available in store, over the phone on 0151 7070323 as well as in Awesome Walls Climbing Centre and The North West Face Warrington climbing wall. To check out the poster click here;

For more details on the book check out the Vertebrate Publishing site.

Interest so far has been high so get places booked early, cos if your name's not on the list  :read: you ain't getting in!

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Ticket number 1 confirmed, get in  :thumbsup:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Scotland is lovely in springtime??

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal