UKBouldering.com

campus rungs wrong way round (Read 2220 times)

rlovatt

• regular
campus rungs wrong way round
September 13, 2008, 07:05:31 pm
my local wall (mile end, this is also the case at the arch)has decided to turn its campus rungs the other way round. Imagine a commerical campus rung turned upside down, so the brad motif is upside down. In my opinion they are now ridiculously slopey and difficult to hold on to. The wall claims that they are infact the correct way round?!? and they are less likely to cause injury. Any thoughts?

ww

#1 Re: campus rungs wrong way round
September 14, 2008, 03:46:18 am
hey,
   I too have mine slopey side up.  The main reason I have them slopey side up is that they seem less harsh on the skin this way.  I don't know why but after a session on the wall,  I am able to get a much better session on the board with them turned this way, and have actually found it a bit easier than incut side up.   Oh yeah,  I am using the small metolius brand rungs.  not sure if this is the same kind thats in your gym.
                                                                  thanks ww

i.munro

• junky
#2 Re: campus rungs wrong way round
September 16, 2008, 02:44:44 pm
and they are less likely to cause injury. Any thoughts?

Certainly less strain (relatively) on the pulley tendons as the fingers won't be as sharply bent.
They're certainly less likely to cause me injuries in that I won't be able to use them ;D

account_inactive

• forum hero
#3 Re: campus rungs wrong way round
September 16, 2008, 05:58:04 pm
It would seem silly (to me) to pay for campus rungs and then not use the side with the contour.  Why not just sand some flat bits of wood?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal