UKBouldering.com

MTBiking Fontainebleau (Read 4095 times)

sharkey

• addict
MTBiking Fontainebleau
September 06, 2008, 11:24:25 am
Anyone know of any really good cheeky trails for biking in the forrest, technical would be fantastic, was thinking more XC , although any thing would be a bonus, saw the vid of uncle doing jumps, anyone know where that is?

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#1 Re: MTBiking Fontainebleau
September 06, 2008, 11:40:20 am
i do

Loads of shit happening round here, give me a buzz when you come, i go out on my bike most days, can give you the lowdown, good single track, downhill, The place in the vid you would never find unless you really know were it is.

sharkey

• addict
#2 Re: MTBiking Fontainebleau
September 06, 2008, 01:56:23 pm
Neil you the man, any chance of a little teaser just to wet the appetite? i'm out with the family, so hoping to get out on the bikes on rest days, the thing is i know if you just follow say the blue sentier trails they often lead into unridable gorges and such, so i am really looking for somewhere with a decent circuit with nice technical singletrack, rather than just blasting around the fire roads. Sorry for asking on a forum but i could probably spend the whole trip in search of cheeky trails in a forrest of that size, well if not i will get in touch when i'm out, cheers.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#3 Re: MTBiking Fontainebleau
September 07, 2008, 10:14:59 am
A pretty good trail that I ride, its got a nice fast downhill bit, a little bit of walking to get your bike up there is near telegraph http://bleau.info/telegraphe2/ you park here and follow the yellow family trail to the viaduct, take a left up the hill. once at the top choose your destiny, a fast technical single track to the right will bring you back to the car park about 15 Min's of riding from the top. If you go left at the top, It takes you down towards gorge o chats, which is pretty good, the last bit is a bit sandy and then you have to ride back to the car, but you go flat through the forest.

Another good bit of track is park at rocher cannon, and head over to Cuvier, avoid the SB as its real rocky.

I been out exploring on my bike most days, the things I find are avoid all the SB's as the are tourist walking trails and you spend most your time pushing your bike, the GR's are pretty boring. And most of the descent tracks your not aloud to ride, but this time of the year during the week you are fine. We took a really good ride from ermitage to cusinier, which is very tech, lots of rock platforms to get over, but excellent. The only arse is the trek back, on the way its all downhill, so on the way back its mostly up hill and sandy.

One other of my fav areas is out the back of elephant, you park from chapelle, send me pm for this one as its a new secret climbing area in development, but the ride down to it is ace, single track, very fast. only about 5 minutes worth but ace.

I am doing some digging on more tracks I will be out all next week on the bike so will keep you posted

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#6 Re: MTBiking Fontainebleau
September 07, 2008, 03:45:02 pm
right just got back, amazing place here is link to website http://www.cheptaindirtcamp.com/ they have eveything there

also found out about a place near recloses, dirt jumps ST XC etc etc, will go check it out tomorow and post back, I also found out about a hidden place near calvaire aswell, and since my boys school is near it I will check that out aswell.

Im so excited, good places to ride at last

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#7 Re: MTBiking Fontainebleau
September 07, 2008, 03:51:01 pm
I thought you moved to Fontainebleau to go ROCK CLIMBING.  :shrug:

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl