UKBouldering.com

Help! Sheffield restaurant recommendations needed - now please! (Read 206769 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
We went to the Kashmiri Aroma at Woodseats last week.

Equal to the best Indian meal I've had in Sheffield and not expensive. It's where the Blue Room Brasserie used to be which is a lovely venue and the food and service were excellent. Highly recommended.

Paul B

• forum hero
It must have been the heat yesterday that led me back to the Milestone (it is VERY local to me after all)...

I'm pleased to report that the meal was absolutely stunning this time, great service, the only slight gripe I'd have is that some of the mains need sides and others don't (you can't tell from the menu), and they're pretty stingy with the bread that accompanies starters.

I'd even go as far as to suggest that it just tipped Kitchen. Both are pricey though.

If anyone is a regular at Zeugma, and getting a little bored of the standard Adana etc. take a look further down at the Guvec. Fantastic.

A few weeks ago (N.B. I should be fatter) we were in Bhaan Thai which was also fantastic. IMO it beats the two offerings on London Rd. easily. However I'm yet to try All-siam on Eccy rd?

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
All Siam is great, and is under the same ownership as the Bhaan Thai so suit you equally as well.

benpritch

• forum abuser
Just thought I'd mention Radhuni on London Road. Very very good curries and lovely people running it. BYO as well so a cheap night out. 

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
massive up for Kitchen from me & mrs FD. all been said before.. but he place still has it.

robertostallioni

• forum hero

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
Oi,

i registered here first..

:-[

fatkid2000

• junky
Has anyone been here?

www.greenheadhouse.com

It's my birthday and as my Wife and I have not been out for decent meal since the birth of our son, we're looking for something good / abit different.

We originally thought of the The Old Vicarage - but that's been booked out.

Any other ideas for a good meal appreciated in The Sheffield region. We've probably ruled out Kitchen, Milano, Morans, Fischers  etc. However there doesn't appear to be much choice.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
I don't know anything about the place sorry. Just can't resist pointing out the quote:

Our house is a 17th century cottage secluded in a walled garden even though we are in Chapeltown.

;)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Mrs Starfish and I are hoping to go to Patoo on Eccy Rd tomorrow lunhtime - anyone been?

fatkid2000

• junky
Mrs Starfish and I are hoping to go to Patoo on Eccy Rd tomorrow lunhtime - anyone been?

Went a couple of weeks back - food was really good.  Think it was pretty reasonably priced aswell from memory.

T_B

• forum hero

We went a few weeks back. My main was pretty good (Ped Yang), hers was mediocre. I didn't think it was as good as All Siam overall.

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio

We went a few weeks back. My main was pretty good (Ped Yang), hers was mediocre. I didn't think it was as good as All Siam overall.

Agreed, it's ok, but All Siam is better I reckon.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
Thanks for the replies

I shall present her with the evidence so that we can make an informed decision - All Siam or Patoo - I suspect that the final decision will depend on what's on their lunchtime menus

benpritch

• forum abuser
massive up for Kitchen from me & mrs FD. all been said before.. but he place still has it.

just thought i'd mention the fact that i had a dreadful meal at kitchen. massive disappointment. wine was ok though.

Paul B

• forum hero
any more details Pritch?

benpritch

• forum abuser
was a while ago but maybe i was expecting too much after all the hype. i had steak and chips and it was seriously underwhelming in almost every department. if a place can't do that right what hope is there. mrs p had some fish which was well over done and some other vegetable nonsense. was supposed to be a big night out for us and we left feeling fairly demoralised.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
Thanks for the replies

I shall present her with the evidence so that we can make an informed decision - All Siam or Patoo - I suspect that the final decision will depend on what's on their lunchtime menus

Ended up at Patoo on 6/11 due to it's negligible distance from The Porter Brook (we were at the pub not the actual brook)  - only people in there, so great service, good chat with the staff about the menu and good food. We got stuff that the staff recommended - can't remember what, but it was all good and they did us a different £deal to the ones on the menu. Guess they didn't have a choice with us as the only people there. Prices looked reasonable anyway.

Beer was, as always, not cheap; but I do like a bottle or two of Singha with my Thai food.

Paul B

• forum hero
Just thought I'd mention Radhuni on London Road. Very very good curries and lovely people running it. BYO as well so a cheap night out.

Ate here last night. It seemed 'ok' at the time but by 9 Nat was complaining about feeling rough (without a drop of alcohol) and anyone hugging her to say happy new year ran the risk of being vomitted on, like the pavement on the way home.
 :sick:

benpritch

• forum abuser
never had any bother in that respect and i have eaten there upwards of ten times. unlucky bub.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Been meaning to go to Morans for ages. In fact since travs recommended the place on the first page of this thread. Anyway, we went on NYE and it was first class. For the price the food, wine and service were unbelievable, we're going again soon.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
on my rather frequent visits to the adjacent bike shop i have thought.. yep I'm old, but at least i dont have to take my trophy wife out to tea whilst my kids and ex wife screw me... or did I read the cliental wrong?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

Been a couple of times, it was really good and not snooty.

underground

• forum hero
on my rather frequent visits to the adjacent bike shop i have thought.. yep I'm old, but at least i dont have to take my trophy wife out to tea whilst my kids and ex wife screw me... or did I read the cliental wrong?

Maybe you share my cynicism - guessing it's a Sunday afternoon, when the place does from the doorway view appear to be full of them....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
No it was really relaxed and we took the sprog with us. It was the early sitting and there were quite a few (well behaved) kids in there. Didn't feel snobby at all and the woman who runs it (her husband is the chef) was really friendly. The fixed price menu was unbelievably reasonable at £25 for 3 courses and the house Sauvingnon Blanc equally surprising at £13.50 a bottle. I can't recommend it enough.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal