Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
Finger Injuries
September 03, 2008, 12:30:06 am
As they seem to be in vogue; who's rocking what finger injury this season?

Myself: left hand ring finger, some sort of tendon sheath/pulley type injury. I should lay off more and ice it but fuck that, I want to have some fun

Bonnylad

#1 Re: Finger Injuries
September 06, 2008, 02:26:40 pm
Since you ask, I trapped my finger (index, left hand~) in the tail-lift of my wagon while "at work". While I nearly passed out with the pain the bloody brass bandf playing nearby carried on, drowning out the swearing!
Anyhow, the worst bit is I've had keep my finger splinted so that the tendon which extends the finger can re-locate itself - the "hyper-flexion" of the joint popped the tendon out of place.
The joint is the  last one (furthest from the hand). It make a loud pop and I made a Loud "Fuck!"

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#2 Re: Finger Injuries
September 06, 2008, 02:50:30 pm
Myself:  right hand ring finger, some sort of tendon sheath/pulley type injury. I should lay off more and ice it but fuck that, I want to have some fun.

I've had it for 2 months now.  If I actually rested it may get better.  Can't crimp, can't hold jugs as it's tender.  Kinda limits the problems I can do :lol:

cofe

• forum hero
#3 Re: Finger Injuries
September 06, 2008, 05:31:51 pm
Myself:  right hand ring finger, some sort of tendon sheath/pulley type injury.

ditto.

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
#4 Re: Finger Injuries
September 06, 2008, 10:21:56 pm
they really are in fashion, aren't they?

Myself, I'm sporting the latest in "getting away with it" couture. I've got a minor bit of pulley damage on my left hand ring finger, which made a lovely snapping noise when new, but is looking more and more like a minor piece as fashion moves on. I am accessorizing with 5-yr old scar tissue in the ring and forefingers of both hands, which I'd finally got sorted before my recent setback.

Might play golf if it ever stops raining...

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#5 Re: Finger Injuries
September 07, 2008, 09:27:50 am
Left hand ring finger (anybody see a pattern emerging here?) weirdness on extensor side of middle (PIP) joint. Doesn't hurt whilst climbing, only in certain positions afterwards.

jonP

• obsessive maniac
#6 Re: Finger Injuries
September 07, 2008, 10:30:26 am
Right hand ring finger. Osteoarthritis. Is there a prize for the worst finger injury? Do I win?

philo

• forum hero
#7 Re: Finger Injuries
September 07, 2008, 02:23:37 pm
left ring finger but i am now in full training mode after a quick session with a good physio and proper exersizes it seems to have went from 3 months of pain to nothing in a week.

Lemming

• regular
  • Nope, not that one.
#8 Re: Finger Injuries
September 07, 2008, 03:23:16 pm
Right hand ring finger. Odd stiffness/tenderness that goes away while climbing.  :-\

LongMonkey

• player
#9 Re: Finger Injuries
September 07, 2008, 05:55:17 pm
Finger injuries huh....I hope someone can maybe identify something that's just cropped up this week. I thought it was maybe due to me sleeping on my hand but I've ruled that out now. The same finger on both hands (the one next to your little finger) seem to lock closed when I make a fist and just feel a little stiff in general. It's at it's worst first thing in the morning and eases up only to get bad later in the day. There's no pain but it's really strange. Any ideas on what it could be and how to treat it?  :please:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#10 Re: Finger Injuries
September 07, 2008, 07:47:09 pm
Trigger finger?

Paul B

• forum hero
#11 Re: Finger Injuries
September 07, 2008, 07:48:46 pm
As I'm currently not climbing much and 'training' even less I'm free from my far too common finger ailments however after being nagged by my other half (a bit of role reversal, lets hope uncle doesn't drag that one into the gutter) to take her to the Foundry it's fairly clear that I have a LOT of scar tissue around a good few pulleys, they ached like mad and felt really crunchy throughout the session.

Serpico

• forum hero
#12 Re: Finger Injuries
September 07, 2008, 08:54:41 pm
The same finger on both hands (the one next to your little finger)

That's your ring finger.
Definite theme appearing here.

Serpico

• forum hero
#13 Re: Finger Injuries
September 07, 2008, 08:59:52 pm
they ached like mad and felt really crunchy throughout the session.

Mine crunch a lot, only in the half crimp position,  when I'm releasing pressure on a hold, and only during endurance work when I'm a bit fatigued.
I've promised myself some PT, but can't bring myself to spend another few hundred quid when I'm not convinced it will do anything.

saltbeef

• forum hero
#14 Re: Finger Injuries
September 07, 2008, 11:56:02 pm
apparently left ring finger is soooo last month. mine seems to be working again, well it didn't hurt on the fiddy or at broughton, but then i probably wasn't in contact with the wall long enough to stress it!
lets see if the fingerboard/night shift combo can fuck it up again!

nik at work

• forum hero
#15 Re: Finger Injuries
September 08, 2008, 08:35:23 am
Left ring finger also.

webbo

• forum hero
#16 Re: Finger Injuries
September 08, 2008, 08:52:50 am
my ring fingers are fine touch wood.but the lump on the first joint of my right index finger is giving me some jip,also my left hand little finger cracks like a good un as does the middle finger on that hand.

Simon S

• menacing presence
#17 Re: Finger Injuries
September 08, 2008, 09:20:37 am
I'm currently sporting a a matching pair of finger ailments.....both hands have started to be affected with the dreaded arthritis (rheumatoid) that I have in other joints for the past 5 years  :thumbsdown:

Managed a whole 10 mins at the wall the other week before having to stop :( Jesus, I hope that they get better before the climbing academy opens its doors.

Terrace Ghost

• player
#18 Re: Finger Injuries
September 08, 2008, 10:19:59 am
right hand ring finger.  Crimping is a no go and finger jugs are the worst, campusing is fine hoorah

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#19 Re: Finger Injuries
September 08, 2008, 01:08:02 pm
Just to blend in with the crowd I might as well mention my finger ailment:

(it doesn't count as an injury of you don't call it one ;)

Left hand ring finger.....well, more the tendon. I strained the "flexor unit" last december and it's been one of those nagging on/off injuries ever since; I'm climbing harder now than ever before and it just feels a little tight/uncomfortable after a hard session. (might be the scar tissue breaking down?)

I used to do loads of stretching on that hand and finger but recently I've pretty much stopped stretching it and it's feeling better. (I think maybe stretching too much on rest days was reducing the recovery?) :-\

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#20 Re: Finger Injuries
September 08, 2008, 01:18:35 pm
I've been rocking a touch of codfinger on my right middle digit for a month or so.

meatball

• menacing presence
    • Chuck Norris facts
#21 Re: Finger Injuries
September 12, 2008, 12:19:07 pm
Have you been sticking your finger in your arse again Si?

aly

• addict
#22 Re: Finger Injuries
September 12, 2008, 02:51:11 pm
Pully on the left hand ring finger, again...  >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal