UKBouldering.com

The biking injury thread (Read 3649 times)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
The biking injury thread
August 31, 2008, 02:39:42 pm
OK.

so here it is.....

I have a long list of MTB related injury..

but i want to share todays little *off*

here we go.....

not a bad night on call, got some sleep... nic / tim have a ride planned later on.... no one else about...

so.....

local solo ride for local people... it's dry!!

usual little impasses in local woods thus all climbable.. off to eccy woods, then the limb (near as dry!)

up over houndkirk... spinning up in a sprocket or two higher than a month ago [ feel good, bit fitter & bike a bit lighter]... ipod tunes of cheese house/trance suddenly are disturbed....

*thud, thud, thud*

stopped the bike

oh er... seem to riding through the canning plantation, into the end stages of some heinous fuckin rave.... gates open, cars in, bodies all over... it's a crusty rave... nice (not)

some girl ,off her tits shows me hers.... again not nice...

get to top, saddle down, forks out and we're off!!

first drop, second, little hip off the runnel... pump it - section near over, dive down there, sweep out to the right then le............

argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :o

second time in 3 weeks top speed front wheel washout

FFS

what's the common demoninator (sp)????

my new light massive volume tyres that's what!!!!!!

1 hr in the bath later (getting home was fun) - which then looked like i'd had a brawl with a great white

i now have a nice scrape down the left elbow, tons of ingrained shite in my knee (which was padded, thank fuck) and have come ever so ever so close to popping my shoulder, which now feels like its been beaten with a lump hammer :'(

this XC shite is meant to be safe!!!

got half a mind to go back to the Demo 8

btw...

this has caught my eye

www.xpedia.co.uk/cycle/proddetail.asp?prod=64987&cat=230007

would  not consider to pay the full price, but for £100 it could be the clothing I'm looking for!!!

More sensibly I'm putting my old heavy, stable and very very slow nevangals back on... sod the weight... nearly got myself reconstructive surgery and 4 months off... on houndkirk for christs sake!!!!

other injuries anyone wants to share??

or shall i just add to the thread weekly... kinda like a blog!! :(
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 02:54:47 pm by fatdoc, Reason: bit about the expensive armour didnt make sense »

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
#1 Re: The biking injury thread
August 31, 2008, 03:35:36 pm
Surely this thread needs 2 columns - one for injuries to your body, the other for injuries to your bike. No idea which column would be longer for you! and lets face it, you're right, this thread is basically going to be a personal blog in essence.

Todays jaunt round Edale went smoothly - no casualties of either kind and back before the rain.

fatkid2000

• junky
#2 Re: The biking injury thread
August 31, 2008, 04:56:10 pm
I look forward to reading fatdoc's tales, as this is bound to become his own little blog and that of his bicycles. I have a feeling the bike mechanicals list will be bigger. Maybe fatdoc hadn't recovered from seeing a pair of tits or was it that fork or were you actually wrecked from your night on-call but thought, I'll be fine out on the bike??? I've almost forgotten what on-call work is!!!!!! :thumbsup:

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#3 Re: The biking injury thread
August 31, 2008, 05:42:55 pm
if the thread goes silent i could write for days  :'(

back, (times 2), wrist, ribs, ruptured arteries and more

some i deserve, this i did not

I'm damn near my 3 yr old goal of sub 30 mins to work (av, 32.5 kph... and it's not flat).... reckon this will take be back 8 weeks at least from that

and i'm meant to be in llangella for friday, for 2 loops of the black circuit there....

the heavy stable rubber goes back on as soon as i can raise my shoulder over my head  :'(

i'm pretty screwed for bouldering for a few weeks an all  :'( :'( :'( :'(

cofe

• forum hero
#4 Re: The biking injury thread
August 31, 2008, 05:44:14 pm
and i'm meant to be in llangella for friday, for 2 loops of the black circuit there....

you mean on friday word? may see you there.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
#5 Re: The biking injury thread
August 31, 2008, 05:46:20 pm
yep, 12 noon onwards.... give me a few days to fill my body with drugs and see a dr i know... may get it injected... [been needed a good while]

PM yr mobile please dude

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal