UKBouldering.com

finest pork pies (Read 2501 times)

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
finest pork pies
August 29, 2008, 09:09:31 pm
Although Earl Sterndale's Quiet Woman has received a heads up already, no one's yet mentioned their amazing pork pies. Undoubtedly its best feature (sign aside of course, but you can't eat that).
the fool inspires me to suggest: 'kepka's own pork pies (abbeydale road), made on a thursday morning, and if eaten while the jelly is still warm and runny is a life changing experience; also the corner butcher, next to the moon in stoney, are also a fine peppery assault on the arteries (they supply the deli in grindleford amongst other outlets)

underground

• forum hero
#1 Re: finest pork pies
August 29, 2008, 09:24:23 pm
Walter Phillips, now closed and a florist on Heeley bottom, beside Manhattan motorbikes, now there was a fine butcher, consequently a wondeful pork pie, and the saturday morning sausage rolls, while still warm, were next level business.

I distinctly recall, as a 3 year old boy in Monks's trade counter (now keyline, the builder's merchants) proclaiming that the inside of my pork pie was made of putty....

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
#2 Re: finest pork pies
August 31, 2008, 04:11:44 pm
Walter Phillips, now closed and a florist on Heeley bottom
yes, remember this - always seemed a pleasant surprise serving food on such an unhealthy stretch of road

andy_e

• forum hero
#3 Re: finest pork pies
September 02, 2008, 04:21:55 pm
Tom'll come along with a huge list of yorkshire pie-houses including the Farm shop and the buthcer's in Ilkley no doubt...

cofe

• forum hero
#4 Re: finest pork pies
September 24, 2008, 01:40:33 pm
just enjoying a rhubarb and ham pork pie that i picked up in pickering the other day. hmmm. tasty.

dave

#5 Re: finest pork pies
September 24, 2008, 01:51:27 pm
theres some good pork and pork-equivalent pies you can get at tebay services if you're passing the lakes on the way to scotland etc. I had a nice game pie, and also a beef growler.

(as a side note, this is probably the nicest motorway services in the UK- maybe a subject for a seperate thread).

tlr

• forum abuser
  • tim-russon.myportfolio Instagram tim_russon
    • Myportfolio
#6 Re: finest pork pies
September 24, 2008, 01:51:40 pm
I can, after considerable research and testing, heartily recommend the Pork Pies from the Whirlow Farm Shop. Great meaty filling and fantastic crispy pastry. They're not cheap, but well worth a go.

I'm not at all convinced by rhubarb and ham though I have to say.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal