UKBouldering.com

A clean board is a happy board, isn't it? (Read 9912 times)

mark

• forum abuser
#25 A clean board is a happy board, isn't it?
September 09, 2003, 03:36:03 pm
Quote from: "dobbin"
Its not that Kerazee Steven Jeffrey dude from the states is it?

Nope. He's not the guy I know who could one-arm campus. Amazing thing is the guy I know weighs about 15 stone, is as wide as he is tall and looking at him you think there is just no way he should be able to climb at all hard. But he's quite spectacularly strong. At least, 'was', until he got dropped by accident off a route, broke both legs and gave up climbing.

dave

#26 A clean board is a happy board, isn't it?
September 09, 2003, 03:42:15 pm
i used to climb with a lad who had a spry about going indoor bouldering with a non-climbing mate once. the guy had never climbed or don gymnastics or owt like that, was shite at the actual climbing but was throwing laps on the campus board, dropping all kindza shizzle.

gollum

• obsessive maniac
#27 A clean board is a happy board, isn't it?
September 09, 2003, 07:01:30 pm
Our very own Gollum can do it (on the big rungs at leeds which it might be possible to sit on!   )

This is very much a party trick, but could always do 1-3 on RH and usually on LH. Best effeort in terms of 1-2-3 etc is up to 6. However, at the moment weak as a kitten, but training hard again. :D  :D

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#28 A clean board is a happy board, isn't it?
September 09, 2003, 07:05:04 pm
OK boys....me 45 degree beast is fully fitted up with clean grips, and it looks proper bo, I tell thee...........
In response to the other bits on this thread, I watched the Chabot campus all the way up and down the big board in Aix, two rungs at a time - but with both hands. Now I could have been very impressed if he'd done it with only the one arm!!! (It still doesn't excuse him from wearing batty boy trousers at their team training days though!)
And as for Dave and his 'one armed snatch', my mind boggles :shock:

Latest news on the rest of the woody is that I'll clean the rest of the holds in the next few days, and turn the stepped 45 board into a proper systems board within the next few weeks - just as soon as I've got all my symetrical grips and wooden rungs sorted!!!![/i]

dave

#29 A clean board is a happy board, isn't it?
October 01, 2003, 10:34:54 pm
word doggs, i rolled with my shit off safety to check da woody tonite, i can confim it is indeed bo of the most proper kind. Nice work p-note. would still like to see some of those big holds slopers next to the entrance used on the steep boards.

Also the CD playa is once again fucked - even my magic cleaning CD (with little brushes attached) which usually does the trick didn't work at all. Can i get a rewind?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#30 A clean board is a happy board, isn't it?
October 02, 2003, 10:34:43 am
Purely out of interest what is down with the G style trainin flavas bro?

(what music is to your taste?)

dave

#31 A clean board is a happy board, isn't it?
October 02, 2003, 10:47:58 am
last year i was playing CD1 from this at the woody cos there were some boring types who wouldn't appreciate anything a bit harder/faster:
headrush
but that was more a compromise than anything else. If i was in there on my own (or training at home) i would probably play this, this, this or something by these. Of course something like this is better for a laid back session.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#32 A clean board is a happy board, isn't it?
October 05, 2003, 05:25:45 pm
Music at walls, I just wish I could get to Sheff to benefit from Dave's bangin' choons, or indeed the West Coast flava.

Spent most of last winter / early spring going to Wirksworth, a great little wall with the exception that because it's in a sports centre they usually pipe Now 69 or whatever chart shizzle is popular into the wall. Hence the slightly weird sensation of trying to get psyched with "Reach" by S Club 7 pumping from the speakers  :evil:

Fortunately one of my posse has his woodie flava in effect, so I rolled down there with my shit off safety ready to bust a cap in it's ass. The new Massive Attack album's pretty goos for training to, but I wouldn't recommend Chill Out by the KLF, as it's a bit of a Ronseal job.

Paz

• junky
#33 A clean board is a happy board, isn't it?
October 06, 2003, 03:42:07 pm
In a similar vain a while back at one of the World champs the compere announced, and now climber Y from Ukraine, then the music kicked in with Tragedy! by Steps, just what you want.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#34 A clean board is a happy board, isn't it?
October 06, 2003, 03:50:53 pm
Quote from: "tommytwotone"
The new Massive Attack album's pretty goos for training to.

Was listening to this in the car this morning - bit too downtempo for me to train to. Need something a bit more energetic...

dave

#35 A clean board is a happy board, isn't it?
October 06, 2003, 03:55:14 pm
I once went into the woody and Mo was trining to a tape of The Smiths. Fuck me, i don't know how could muster the will to live, never mind train listening to that shite!!! :shock: I was ready to reach for the noose by the end of my warm up.

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#36 A clean board is a happy board, isn't it?
October 09, 2003, 08:39:58 pm
Cheers for the feedback folks. The CD playa is indeed completely fooked - I blame the chalk dust as it happens fairly regularly. Oh well, time to dig out all your old Def Leppard tapes as the cassette thing still works - hence the Overlord playing his Smiths compilation tapes. It sounds like you caught him on an up-beat perky night, Dave, as normally he trains to Marilyn Manson, The Ministry, a wide selection of Bluegrass classics he bought in Juarez, Captain Beefheart and George Formby! (you could say he has an Eclectic taste in music)
The holdz slopers are on the main bouldering wall at the minute, as I'm resetting all the problems and they work better on my big board.
I've not been slacking with the rest of the woody, just snowed under with work at present. Should be on with the rest of it in the next week or two - just as soon as Dan French comes up with new symetrical grips for my system board! I can hardly wait to symetrically injure myself on it :wink:

dave

#37 A clean board is a happy board, isn't it?
November 06, 2003, 11:20:57 am
any idea when the system board is gonna happen yet?

as far as the stereo goes, i recon a transparent-plastic velcro flap over the front of the shelf would keep out most of the shit from the CD playa. or just buy and small amp and a 3.5mm-phono lead and let everyone just bring in and plug in thier own cd playas/minidiscs, then theres no maintainence.

is the cragx board getting reset or do i get get to keep my party pieces for a bit longer? :)

can google "one arm campus"  there's a video.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal