UKBouldering.com

Destroyed Digits. (Read 1684 times)

DavidT

Destroyed Digits.
July 29, 2008, 11:16:47 am
First time out yesterday after about a year off... Couldn't make anything... Great to be out again but fairly depressing at the same time... More work and training required me thinks  :spank:

Today my finger tips resemble something like the surface of the moon but in red, chunks missing and very very sore. Tried to do way to many sloper probs and ripped my hands to shreds on the grit. Shame as i was hoping to get 3 days out this week but its not looking likely now as i can't touch anything (just typing hurts!)

Any advice on how to speed up the recovery of my finger tips and then toughen them up again (daily sanding I'm assuming... used to work) as its been over a year since i've climbed so they are soft as shit now.

I've got 2 weeks off work next week so was planning to get some decent time out then, hoping that i can sort my finger tips out before then.  :'(

Ta.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1 Re: Destroyed Digits.
July 30, 2008, 10:43:50 am
Don't climb slopey grit during the hottiest muggiest period of the year so far??

In the meantime, recuperative moisturisers like climb-on, or stuff with vitamin E in.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: Destroyed Digits.
July 30, 2008, 10:50:13 am
This stuff is pretty good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal