UKBouldering.com

Free pop3 / imap compatible webmail options (Read 1580 times)

underground

• forum hero
Does anyone use such a service? I currently use contactoffice as my webmail service and am very happy with it - but I do struggle a touch with the web based interface(s). Unfortunately the pop3 / imap compatibility costs 5 euro a month to access.

If anyone knows of a free service that they've used and been happy with, I'd love to hear about it... ta!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Gmail allows both POP and IMAP to get at your mail.   I used it briefly a few years back, but found that I prefered the way in which tags are applied on-line was preferable to trying to fit emails into folders when often they actually want to be in several at the same time (which you can do with tags).  More info here.

Not sure you need an invite to join any more but I've plenty left, let me know if you want/need one.

underground

• forum hero
Cheers fella. I didn't know gmail was an option, althoygh i haven't been able to get a 'real' address based on my name unfortunately.

I did grab an account on www.gmx.com which looks great, 5Gb mail storage and 1Gb file storage - the UI is a bit heavy and hence a touch slow, but itlooks nice and seems fully featured. I haven't found anything against it on Google so I will give it a go for a while.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal