UKBouldering.com

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of (Read 15284 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of
June 27, 2008, 10:30:30 am

Though I recognised that "look"

It'll be da diddly qua qua before we know it.

andy popp

• forum hero
I bet the blokes on the far left and right (drummer and bassist at a guess) can't believe their fucking luck. It would have been a lifetime of shite pub bands if only they hadn't met Chris Martin.

SA Chris

• forum hero
Too right. I bet the image was his (or maybe Gwinnie's) idea, and they are only too aware that they look like twats.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
The guy on the right looks like he might be a world champion powerballer...

dave

the guy on the left looks like scouse (compelte with the hat) trying to work something loose from between his teeth whilst attending a napoleonic war re-enactment society.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
What a bunch of cocks. Whenever I hear Chris Martin's whinging, out of tune, weedy little voice come on the radio I have to change channel. I loved this rant that somebody posted on reddit:

Men who listen to Coldplay albums are equivalent to women who buy Dido albums.

In fact, they probably date each other.

They go to the cinema to see shit like 'You, Me and Dupree'.

He's either a Manchester United or a Chelsea fan, though he's never actually been to a game in his life.

She spends her time flicking through the pages of Heat magazine, thinking it constitutes putting down 'reading' on her list of hobbies.

He has an acoustic guitar because some day he wants to be like Chris Martin. He'll get around to learning a few chords any day now.

She drinks cheap white wine.

He drinks Stella.

The have sex once a week and have a repetoire of 3 positions. When he's drunk, he'd like to get nastier but she'll never let him.

He drives a second hand low-powered BMW 3 series yet still thinks he's the shit.

She drives a Ford Sport Ka, or a Peugeout 206 convertible.

A fun weekend for them is going to Ikea for an afternoon to buy more cheap crap to fill their apartment with.

He sometimes watches shemale pr0n on his Windows laptop, but always clears his cookies.

She thinks she might have chlamydia from a one night stand she had a couple of months before they met, though she's too embarassed to see a doctor about it.

They eat microwave meals all the time, but she attempts to cook at the weekends. It's always crap though.

'Having people over' constitutes getting in 4 bottles of white and a slab of Stella, listening to Dido and Coldplay CD's on repeat while your (soon to be ex-)friends secretly seethe and plot inventive ways to kill you.

Your son will be called Zach. You will try to convince him that Chris Martin in an 'amazing songwriter'. He will see through your shit and hate you for the rest of your life.

All because of Coldplay.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero

:agree:

:lol:

Fortunately I scored zero on the Coldplay quiz, but only just ...

dave

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

runt

• obsessive maniac
 ;D so that's why 3 series drivers are the bane of my life, or at least a mild irritant

LucyB

• Trusted Users
  • obsessive maniac
the guy on the left looks like scouse (compelte with the hat) trying to work something loose from between his teeth whilst attending a napoleonic war re-enactment society.

:lol: That should be in the 'shit, isn't that...' thread.

fatkid2000

• junky
Got to agree Bubba - I heard a coldplay song this morning - and it sounded just like the same shit as the last album. I heard this rumour that their new album was suppose to be good - but from what I've heard it still sounds like Chris Martin moaning all day.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
What a bunch of cocks. Whenever I hear Chris Martin's whinging, out of tune, weedy little voice come on the radio I have to change channel. I loved this rant that somebody posted on reddit:

Men who listen to Coldplay albums are equivalent to women who buy Dido albums.

In fact, they probably date each other.

They go to the cinema to see shit like 'You, Me and Dupree'.

He's either a Manchester United or a Chelsea fan, though he's never actually been to a game in his life.

She spends her time flicking through the pages of Heat magazine, thinking it constitutes putting down 'reading' on her list of hobbies.

He has an acoustic guitar because some day he wants to be like Chris Martin. He'll get around to learning a few chords any day now.

She drinks cheap white wine.

He drinks Stella.

The have sex once a week and have a repetoire of 3 positions. When he's drunk, he'd like to get nastier but she'll never let him.

He drives a second hand low-powered BMW 3 series yet still thinks he's the shit.

She drives a Ford Sport Ka, or a Peugeout 206 convertible.

A fun weekend for them is going to Ikea for an afternoon to buy more cheap crap to fill their apartment with.

He sometimes watches shemale pr0n on his Windows laptop, but always clears his cookies.

She thinks she might have chlamydia from a one night stand she had a couple of months before they met, though she's too embarassed to see a doctor about it.

They eat microwave meals all the time, but she attempts to cook at the weekends. It's always crap though.

'Having people over' constitutes getting in 4 bottles of white and a slab of Stella, listening to Dido and Coldplay CD's on repeat while your (soon to be ex-)friends secretly seethe and plot inventive ways to kill you.

Your son will be called Zach. You will try to convince him that Chris Martin in an 'amazing songwriter'. He will see through your shit and hate you for the rest of your life.

All because of Coldplay.

that's the sort or cynical, evil, twisted and correct view of the world that i fully endorse... in fact i cant believe i didnt write it.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Coldplay's music is like McDonalds food (steady Fiend, I'm not going there). Generally when I first hear something new by them I think "this is actually quite good, way better than their usual rubbish!". Then after three listens (max) I'm sick of it. It's the instant hit of very basic songwriting, underneath the veneer it's just hollow, bland, tasteless crap.

Chris Martin walked out of an interview (Radio 4 I think) the other day because he didn't want to talk about the meaning behind some of the songs on their new album. He always gets shirty when people start trying to discuss the substance of his writing. Wonder why?

SA Chris

• forum hero
Coldplay's music is like McDonalds food (steady Fiend, I'm not going there). Generally when I first hear something new by them I think "this is actually quite good, way better than their usual rubbish!". Then after three listens (max) I'm sick of it. It's the instant hit of very basic songwriting, underneath the veneer it's just hollow, bland, tasteless crap.

The easter eggs of modern music? Shiny appearance, then a thin layer of chocolate with nothing inside.

saltbeef

• forum hero

The easter eggs of modern music? Shiny appearance, then a thin layer of chocolate with nothing inside.

except the chocolate is actually shit, but still hollow and lacks substance...

Baron

• obsessive maniac
Chris Martin could afford a lot of Easter eggs.

saltbeef

• forum hero
are they part of his and gwyneth's macro-biotic diet?
he's still a cunt

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
I always get confused between coldplay and radiohead are they the same group? Back in my day music was all shouty and loud and had no tune "youth of today" and all that.

SA Chris

• forum hero

except the chocolate is actually shit, but still hollow and lacks substance...

Ok, Kwik-Save easter eggs then?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
I always get confused between coldplay and radiohead are they the same group?

No way.  Radiohead are in a totally different league to Coldplay.

webbo

• forum hero
I always get confused between coldplay and radiohead are they the same group?

No way.  Radiohead are in a totally different league to Coldplay.

which divisions of the hull sunday league are they in.

SA Chris

• forum hero
That new song was on the radio this am. The lyrics are toss.

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman calvary choirs are singing

Was the roman cavalry really known for their harmonies?

dave

I'm sure the first ascent of Calvary postdates the roman invasion of these isles by about 2000 years.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Coldplay are shit. Pendulum are shit. So imagine how shit Pendulum covering Violet Hill by Coldplay would be!? Well thanks to Radio 1's "live lounge" now you don't have to as yesterday this awful event was brought to life.

Chris Moyles played it again earlier this morning and mentioned the text I sent in slagging it off. I don't normally send texts to radio stations but really, this has to be heard to believe how bad it actually is.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal