UKBouldering.com

Corsica (Read 4736 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Corsica
September 01, 2003, 03:10:42 pm
Having failed miserably to book a holiday in Sardinia - coz there aren't any at this late stage, we've done the next best thing and are going to Corsica. I'm happy coz the place looks stunning and we've got a whole 3 bedroom villa for two of us for the price of a normal two bed thang  :D .

Anyway, the place looks like it's positively crawling with rock, and I've seen a bouldering topo for a place on the south coast on corron.com, but has anyone ever been? Find any bouldering? Where was it?

Any other must-see/must-do's on Corsica (no, not the GR20 - that's far too much like hard work).

dave

#1 Corsica
September 01, 2003, 03:16:39 pm
You could get the ferry to sardinia and check out that capo testa shit near where i'm going.

sorry I'm no use really am i.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

AndyR

• forum hero
#3 Re: Corsica
September 01, 2003, 03:30:19 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"

Anyway, the place looks like it's positively crawling with rock, and I've seen a bouldering topo for a place on the south coast on corron.com, but has anyone ever been? Find any bouldering? Where was it?

Any other must-see/must-do's on Corsica (no, not the GR20 - that's far too much like hard work).

Yeah, I've been - really top notch - it's kind of a low, flat granite dome right on the coast with some whopping boulders sat on top of it - spectacular place and plenty to do for a couple of afternoons - I didn't have a pad, but most of the landings are flat so you can get away without one.  Lots of the problems are captain photogenic, and the only drawback I experienced was having to get my white flabby stomach out whilst surrounded by bronzed french boulder-whippets........

The map and directions on coronn are so bobbins it takes the piss - we ended up asking lots of gnarly old french geezers - I'll see if I can find a better one on the web.

Did some nice (read, easy) sport climbing off the beach up near Piana, but I'd say there are a million boulders up in the hills as there's a lot of rock.  Enjoy  :D

dave

#4 Corsica
September 01, 2003, 03:30:39 pm
it does look bo. I might have to take the feery over there from sardinia and burn off some cheese eating surrender-monkeys at thier own game.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#5 Corsica
September 01, 2003, 03:49:58 pm
Need to scour the web for info - is bouldering in French "Le Bloc" ?

Now I'm starting to find summat:

http://bloc.ifrance.com/bloc/Valdu/valdu.htm

AndyR

• forum hero
#6 Corsica
September 02, 2003, 01:46:25 pm
Need to scour the web for info - is bouldering in French "Le Bloc" ?

Now I'm starting to find summat:

I've just emailed you a map of the bouldering spot I went to.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#7 Corsica
September 02, 2003, 01:54:19 pm
Thanks for that Andy - I reckon that'll be a about three hours drive from where we're going to be staying,  but I'll try to talk the missus into it - "let's go for a scenic drive.....I wonder what'd down this little road?...."

AndyR

• forum hero
#8 Corsica
September 02, 2003, 02:12:27 pm
Thanks for that Andy - I reckon that'll be a about three hours drive from where we're going to be staying,  but I'll try to talk the missus into it - "let's go for a scenic drive.....I wonder what'd down this little road?...."

Bonifacio is just down the road - that's very scenic - plus, you can see Sardinia and wave at Dave  :)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#9 Corsica
September 02, 2003, 02:16:30 pm
Bonifacio looks a bit crumbly...is it any good?

AndyR

• forum hero
#10 Corsica
September 02, 2003, 04:55:03 pm
Bonifacio looks a bit crumbly...is it any good?

Hmmm, bit chalky I suspect - good for a spot of the old sightseeing though!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal