UKBouldering.com

We are not worthy....MelloBlocco 2008 (Read 29582 times)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
My last comment was very tongue in cheek percy but you already knew that (not the scrawny yoot bit tho mind). I wasn't questioning his wadness.
I bet it hardly registers when he steps on the scales.

If I can help you out with the poo in the box, I can supply either the box, the poo, the stamps or all 3

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
I'm not buying the ultra-wad thing, thanks. 

He's a boy who is exceptionally light, has been climbing for some years now, had access to first class footwear, training facilities.  He's also pretty sloppy . . .   This isn't a strong Dawes.

8B is par for the course these day for children.  When I hear 9A I'll go to the bar, not before.  This shit happens w/ each generation . . .

Odd thinking about the possiblities of combining this individual w/ testosterone . . .

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
Many thanks, Jim. Maybe we could have a UKB poo whip-round for Mick?

Or maybe not........

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Maybe we could have a UKB poo whip-round for Mick?

I'd gladly donate 2 week's worth.

Ondra is something else.  Stylish he may not be, but awesome he is.

Don Jebus

• regular
Great news, cheers for posting it.  A lot of others must have been curious about him too.  Glad to hear he's the real deal.  Question: How hard was James climbing when he was his age?

JP on;y started to climb hard when he was about 15, before that he just did it for a bit of fun before that i think. He always been a bit of a monkey boy though, like what you can see in the extras on committed. when he was 8 he used to climb up lamp posts and hang from the top by his legs... nutcase  ;D

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
i read in an itw that he has grown 10 cm and more than 10 kilos lately. he is light for sure, but weight isn't everything at that level. creatures like ondra are very likely to cilmb even better when they put up some muscle: at his age his body will adapt to the new weight faster than we can ask him about. it's a matter of how the whole body climbs and his body clearly knows something about that.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
Must strongly disagree with you there nibs, weight is everything at that level of climbing

nash1

• menacing presence
Must strongly disagree with you there nibs, weight is everything at that level of climbing

I read that Sharma is 75kg, now that ain't light at all. 15kg on Dave G and Steve M. So weight isn't the secret formula...

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
I'm going to go with Nibs on this one; it's all down to skill, attitude, motivation, and opportunity. As long as Ondra keeps those he'll adapt to his changing physique.

Stu Littlefair

• forum hero
    • http://www.darkpeakimages.co.uk
there was a really interesting article on body types for climbing in Escalar a couple of months ago. It reached the usual conclusion, that there's no "best" body type for climbing.

What was interesting was photos of Sharma and Andrada. Both were very very skinny when they first hit world class levels, and you couldn't argue that they haven't got better as their bodies have adapted to the climbing they've been doing. Both are know big hunks of man-beef. I can't imagine Ondra will be any different.

dave

As long as Ondra keeps those he'll adapt to his changing physique.

hopefully his dad will have already sat down with him man to man for a frank and slightly awkward discussion.

cofe

• forum hero
Both are know big hunks of man-beef.

i worry about you.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I think it's a bit presumtuous to write him off as technically inept based on looking a bit slappy on one video of an 8b.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
.....that he's been trying for about ten minutes.  :agree:

Terrace Ghost

• player
I think it's a bit presumtuous to write him off as technically inept based on looking a bit slappy on one video of an 8b.

totally agree, the nature of the problem is very slappy.  He flashed the other bloc was disturbing smoothness

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
I read that Sharma is 75kg, now that ain't light at all. 15kg on Dave G and Steve M. So weight isn't the secret formula...
75kg is still very light for someone who is supposed to be a big hunk of man beef IMHO. If Dave G is only 60kg's he could do with a decent meal

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
RE "Writing off" = Pfft!  Life goes on.

Bearing in mind I am between 58 - 61 on any one day and am hardly super skinny or built AND am 5' 5" . . .  Yes Dave G could do w/ a decent meal.  But then one look at his sunken cheeks and deep eye sockets will tell you that.

dave

anyone less than 85kgs should have to wear a weightbelt when climbing, otherwise no tick.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
anyone less than 85kgs should have to wear a weightbelt when climbing, otherwise no tick.

anyone over 5'10" should have to use a shorties sequence when climbing, otherwise no tick.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Introduce both those rules and I'm fucked.

dave

anyone over 5'10" should have to use a shorties sequence when climbing, otherwise no tick.

...but some kind of other dispensation for being so bunched up all the time. Like maybe a 5lb dab per sitstart.

cofe

• forum hero

...but some kind of other dispensation for being so bunched up all the time. Like maybe a 5lb dab per sitstart.

like this fella?

dave

I'd prefer a digital radio.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
No, one of these.....

...or rather a few.

nash1

• menacing presence
Cofe: Qualidy humour. I like it.

Why is this forum so good? Just very funny or proper techincal chat. Why have the idiots not invaded here with all there spouting? I ain't moaning of course, just wondering why! Maybe it is too nerdy?

:off: :agree: But had to get it off me chest.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal