UKBouldering.com

On Sight (Read 4342 times)

andy popp

• forum hero
On Sight
May 09, 2008, 05:07:12 pm
This is a good idea for a film - and looks like it could be well done.

https://www.posingproductions.com/video.php?form_action=play&video_id=129

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#1 Re: On Sight
May 09, 2008, 05:15:37 pm
Shamelessly copied from what I said on UKC.

So the trailer for Alistair Lee's new film is out. Who can fail to be incredibly psyched up for this?! It looks amazing.
I was chatting to Alistair about the film and we both agree that it is destined to be great and to appeal to all climbers climbing at all grades. There are plenty who cant identify with a climber who is headpointing in a completely calm state of mind but who can fail to recognise the look of sheer terrified relief on Leo's face as he tops out a gritstone epic and emphasize with him - we've all been there! The film also brings a new level of uncertainty in that as the climbers are onsighting, probably on previously climbed routes for the most part, their ascents will most likely not have hit the headlines and the outcome will be unknown. Will they make the slap? Will they fall? Will the gear rip?

OOOOOO! I cant wait!

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#2 Re: On Sight
May 09, 2008, 05:24:28 pm
About time too.

Headpointing sucks  :thumbsdown:

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#3 Re: On Sight
May 09, 2008, 05:27:09 pm
Now that is a climbing film I am trulyly psyched for - not only does it look good but it's on a level that even a punter like me can relate to with the focus being as much on the head games that trad onsighting throws at you as anything else.

bluebrad

Stubbs

#4 Re: On Sight
May 09, 2008, 06:00:10 pm
Will there be any bouldering in it?

Kingy

• forum hero
#5 Re: On Sight
May 10, 2008, 07:17:23 pm
I enjoyed Psyche, although not the drivel of the Patagonia part but i'm not sure if funds will stretch to this one. It seems that we are being bombarded by awesome, high quality climbing vids at every turn. I bought Hard XS, King Lines, Committed, Birth of Extreme, Winter Sessions and Pilgrimage, not the mention all the dosages. I think I will just get the yankee ones from now on which seem to do the trick in terms of psyche and sack off the home grown productions. How unpatriotic of me. I agree with the comments above in that apart from Hard Grit I find watching headpointing  :yawn:

cofe

• forum hero
#6 Re: On Sight
May 11, 2008, 11:07:14 pm
although not the drivel of the Patagonia part

i thought that was the best 'film' of the three. very good. the whole package wasn't really a psyche film though. on sight looks much better.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#7 Re: On Sight
May 12, 2008, 01:51:37 am
I bought Hard XS, King Lines, Committed, Birth of Extreme, Winter Sessions and Pilgrimage, not the mention all the dosages.

But not Underdeveloped? Thought it was the best one this year. Wait, that's saying nothing. I thought it was good.

Kingy

• forum hero
#8 Re: On Sight
May 12, 2008, 06:46:26 pm
But not Underdeveloped? Thought it was the best one this year. Wait, that's saying nothing. I thought it was good.

I'll get a copy if you burn me one  ;)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#9 Re: On Sight
May 12, 2008, 08:03:05 pm
Sorry, I didn't buy any of them.

Well, I suppose I bought King Lines for someone's Christmas present. That was a bit mean of me.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#10 Re: On Sight
May 19, 2008, 07:16:29 pm
That looks wicked!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal