UKBouldering.com

metabolic problem ? (Read 1404 times)

carefultorque

• player
metabolic problem ?
April 15, 2008, 01:42:38 pm

This isn't a thread about losing weight.  Bear with me beyond the first line, which gives that impression.

Okay, so I'm getting 'back' to my fighting weight.  Going along nice and gently, but hit a dreaded plateau with quite a long way still to go (7 Kg)

Worse, though, is that my hands and sometimes nose are permanently cold. 

20 mins after a meal, the problem improves but doesn't disappear.

I'm writing this in a room that I've upped to close to 22 degrees centigrade, which feels too hot, but my hands are still cold.

This clearly ain't gonna kill me, but it's sure as hell a sign that my metabolism isn't doing what it should do.

Ideas?

I was thinking of having a fur transplant, but that's expensive and the palms are still exposed after the operation.

Also there's a risk of cross-infection is you go for ape fur and the danger of being stabbed if you use mink, cat or fox.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1 Re: metabolic problem ?
April 15, 2008, 01:56:35 pm
I would happily trade sweaty hands for cold ones - for the purposes of bouldering anyway.

Could be circulation, not metabolism?

Could be Reynard's?

Could be those beta blockers you take for your glaucoma?

I too am trying to loose weight (3rd day in) and am suddenly feeling the cold a lot more - from what I remember, it just takes a bit of time to get used to being less fat or eating less. Wearing more clothes works for me.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#2 Re: metabolic problem ?
April 15, 2008, 01:58:54 pm
Reynaud's disease?

carefultorque

• player
#3 Re: metabolic problem ?
April 15, 2008, 02:13:39 pm
I would happily trade sweaty hands for cold ones - for the purposes of bouldering anyway.

Yeah but the layer of ice isn't great for friction. ;)

I don't think it's circulation.   At least, blood came out when I cut off one of my little toes to check.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal