UKBouldering.com

Gorilla Warfare (Read 4092 times)

james

• obsessive maniac
Gorilla Warfare
October 23, 2002, 09:04:21 am
Will Gorilla Warfare be dry today?  I am in need of some precious grit under my tips.  It says in Peak Bouldering that it will except for the top.  Is this true.
Cheers

James

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Gorilla Warfare
October 23, 2002, 09:13:46 am
If it was me, I'd just train at home if it's raining. GW should stay dry but it'll still be horrible and greasy if it's peeing it down. People used to go out there in pre-wall days but I reckon even Rubicon would be better than there.

james

• obsessive maniac
#2 Gorilla Warfare
October 23, 2002, 09:18:04 am
Cheers Mike.
The Woodie it is then.  Ah well, its got to stop raining sometime :( .
Cheers

James

dave

#3 Gorilla Warfare
October 23, 2002, 09:21:25 am
I've never seen gorilla warefare genuinley dry in the rain. Also some mates of mine went out to scope out rubicon/cragx yesterday and they are soaking.

If you wanted dry grit i suggest maybe the churnet?!!?!??, or that cave at the stride?!??? or there is that Curbar Cave near end of the affair, as detailed on topbouldering.com- that should stay genuinley dry in the rain.

And of course theres Bell Hagg.......

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 Gorilla Warfare
October 23, 2002, 09:27:53 am
Is that Curbar cave any cop then?

Saw Major from Topbouldering in Tesco's the other day, but didn't twig who it was 'til afterwards. Topbouldering seems to have fallen by the wayside a bit recently...

dave

#5 Gorilla Warfare
October 23, 2002, 09:43:39 am
When i went to look at it (when i was passing, not a special trip) i was a bit dissapointed cos it was a lot smaller than i imagined. But as they say on topbouldering its not supposed to be a major quality venue, just proper dry grit if you need it. Maybe worth a look, but if its raining you're gonna get soaked walking to the car to find it!

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#6 Gorilla Warfare
October 23, 2002, 10:47:06 am
Quote from: "dave"
If you wanted dry grit i suggest maybe the churnet

Places like Gentlemans Rock can stay dry in all but the worst weather, all it takes is the wind to blow the wrong way and your buggered though

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal