UKBouldering.com

campus diagnostics -- experts come out, wherever you are. (Read 22556 times)

Paul B

• forum hero
I just tried a muscle up on my bar. I cant tell if its easier or harder than rings.  :shrug:

mebbe I should go and have a beer and get off the web....

it's considerably easier, the transition is really easy as nothing tries to move outwards.

carefultorque

• player
even i've done a muscle up. and i'm basically made of spaghetti. like many things, there's a lot of technique in there. my eyes nearly popped out of my head though.

I'm tempted to have a go. The eye-popping thing sounds tempting.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

A bit gimmicky?

Too right.

All you need is a wooden edge and hard fucking work for God's sake. It is not complicated. Scrap evertything else and read Uncle's post on the first page of this thread. Then read it again. Then do what it says. The only barrier to getting strong is a lack of commitment to the cause as it is not fun. Trying to find enjoyable and interesting ways to train is a cop out which most of us take. The path to true power and maximising your abilities is one of drudgery and mental strength and if you wish to take it then the rewards will come. But it's a hard path to start down and an even harder one to stick to.

Inspiring thread by the way. For someone with 8A finger strength but 7A arm strength it's helped hammer home the message that I need to bite the bullet and do some hard work.

Inspiring indeed.

As someone with 7c arms, 6c fingers and a 5c waistline, I am reminded yet again that I just need to get on with some hard work if I want to climb harder.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal