UKBouldering.com

Creatine in climbing (Read 11636 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#25 Re: Creatine in climbing
April 09, 2008, 04:01:39 am

I never used the powder, only the serum - no loading necessary, just drink a bit 5 mins before you need it.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#26 Re: Creatine in climbing
April 09, 2008, 08:31:34 am

I never used the powder, only the serum - no loading necessary, just drink a bit 5 mins before you need it.

serum doesnt give you water retention either.... get the stuff that's creatine only, no added fatbuster or caffeine - the combo stuff used to give me a belter of a headache!

a dense loner

• forum hero
#27 Re: Creatine in climbing
April 10, 2008, 07:10:27 pm
nobody loads anymore, it's 2008. if you want to spend your time just climbing then i don't know how good it is, but if you want to spend the other time you have doing things uncle frowns on as well then i would take it.

leek_lad

#28 Re: Creatine in climbing
April 16, 2008, 10:02:22 pm
Is creatine beneficial in climbing?
if not, what is it meant for?
worth taking?

cheers

Andy
#

Creatine is one of the widely researched supplements. Lots of evidence to suggest that it is useful for explosive, anaerobic movement which could potentially be very useful to a boulderer. Used by athletes both professional and amateur. If you do as it says in the directions and follow a loading phase expect to put on a few kilos in a short space of time which will hinder your climbing for sure albeit short term. If you do your research you'll find that it can be just as effective to ignore the directions and go with a smaller dose several times per day. I never heard of anyone having liver problems from creatine though I have heard of someone using creatine ethyl ester having kidney trouble but it seems to be the minority. It is well known in the strength athlete / body building world that creatine should be cycled. e.g. 1 month on 1 month off to give your body a rest.

Having said that if you drink 8 pints every friday & saturday night then creatine supplementation is the least of your worries.

Hope that helps.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal