UKBouldering.com

personalised training programme - advice please (Read 1673 times)

ksjs

• menacing presence
im looking for advice on personal training programmes. there seem to be 2 options:
1. distance version (you answer questions and get sent a programme)
2. in person (you meet the trainer and they assess strengths / weaknesses)

option 2 logically seems better (opportunity for trainer to see you climb and what youre capable of power / strength-wise in the flesh) but maybe the distance version can work too?

i have an idea about training principles but want to make sure what im doing is right, step up my current efforts and get some inspiration; my main objective is to go from redpointing sport 7s to 8s. i would contact some of the big names but the ones im aware of who offer training arent based anywhere near me and i think meeting the trainer will be important in setting goals and monitoring progress.

does anyone have any experiences of / thoughts on either version of personalised programmes?
can anyone recommend a trainer (ideally north or north-west england based)?
does anyone think its all a waste of time and theres enough info available to come up with an adequate programme on your own?

cheers

account_inactive

• forum hero
I only write programmes for people after an initial consultation.  After that it depends on the individuals needs etc.  If it's a movement programme then it needs to be hands on.  If it's physical then e-mail and phone work well

ksjs

• menacing presence
you come recommended (via Simon Lee) - will email you...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal