UKBouldering.com

Members Tee.... (Read 5362 times)

erm, sam

• forum hero
Members Tee....
March 26, 2008, 09:14:44 pm
I was thinking about what "UKB" is, and whilst the circuit boards on Bubba's server are important it is the peeps who post on UKB that really make it the site it is.
This led me to do a tee which features the names of the members as the graphic. It is currently the people who have posted the most (I am disapointed to find out I rank only in 82nd position).
It could also be people who have contributed eg 10 quid or more to support UKB.
Bubba has talked about the costs that running UKB incur (this whole teeshirt thing is to some extent a money making plan after all) so maybe this would encourage us all to contribute more directly. I know he doesn't like to push people to contribute, but I thought this might be an idea.

What ever way the rank is done I think it would be cool and would highlight what makes UKB different to any other climbing thing on the planet.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:44:30 pm by erm, sam »

erm, sam

• forum hero
#1 Re: Members Tee....
March 26, 2008, 09:16:27 pm
Here is a bigger version so you can see what is going on.
I guess the tee would look like it was just a block of colour from a distance, but as you got closer you would see it was names etc..
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:24:12 pm by erm, sam »

nik at work

• forum hero
#2 Re: Members Tee....
March 26, 2008, 09:32:13 pm
I actually quite like the names idea. I like the idea of it looking like a block, and in fact wonder if it would be possible to have the names arranged in such a way so as from a distance it reads as ukb, but as you get nearer you can see that the ukb is made up of the names.
Personal colour preference for me would be either:
Navy blue T, with a UKB appearing to be white but closer inspection revealing that it is white background with light grey lettering for the usernames.
Light blue T, with lettering as above.

Or you could do it just as white lettering instead of background white/grey lettering but pressumably this would require densely packed small lettering so don't know if it would print properly (not knowing much about t-shirt print technology)

If that makes sense...

And erm, sam I think you deserve a wad point for simply throwing ideas out there so there you go sir...

Carnage

• forum hero
  • Pommie Bastard
#3 Re: Members Tee....
March 26, 2008, 09:34:35 pm
Awwwwww, I got the armpit.....Nice idea tho.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#4 Re: Members Tee....
March 26, 2008, 09:43:01 pm
Sam, I like that a lot, but I'm on there.  I wouldn't want any shirts to be inclusive/exclusive though, UKB is a community and not a group of individuals.

If you get rid of Nik at Work it'd be better (it's a lie anyway, he never works 'cos he's always bouldering....).

Good idea though  :great:

erm, sam

• forum hero
#5 Re: Members Tee....
March 26, 2008, 09:50:02 pm
I have been wondering what the best way to choose the names would be. Most posts would be one way, but then you get prolific but retired UKBers like Fingers. I don' t really know how many names you would need to make the graphic work, but it might be top 200 users and any particularly interesting but sporadic users, or could include the most recently registered 10 peeps or what have you. If the idea was a go-er, the detail of how you choose the names and how many were needed would follow...

nik at work

• forum hero
#6 Re: Members Tee....
March 26, 2008, 09:54:51 pm
I see your inclusive/exclusive point, but I think the idea is a good one. Could there be some other hidden text that would make sense.
Graded list of all Font 8 problems? erm....

Or the names written in binary (ASCII?) format? Is that TOO geeky....

And yeah ditch that Nik at work character, he's a cock...

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#7 Re: Members Tee....
March 26, 2008, 10:34:22 pm
Or the names written in binary (ASCII?) format? Is that TOO geeky....

And yeah ditch that Nik at work character, he's a geeky cock...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#8 Re: Members Tee....
March 27, 2008, 08:26:58 am
I must admit I am not too keen on this idea. Smacks a bit of uni sport clubs?

Think most of the other ideas are far better.

10/10 for effort though.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#9 Re: Members Tee....
March 29, 2008, 08:12:07 pm
Yes sam is firing out the ideas large (which is how shit happens) but one has to be prepared to scrap them as quickly as they arrive if they don't suit.  Not keen on the name thing.  Who in their right mind want's a T-shirt w/ my handle on it?  A queer that's who.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal