UKBouldering.com

Bouldering Comps (Read 15920 times)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#25 Bouldering Comps
December 06, 2002, 10:31:38 am
ITS TONIGHT! C'mon ukBouldering team! lets get it on! I have it on good authority that Jacky Godoffe, Fred Nicole, Stanley Matthews and Pele are all coming to the Edge bouldering comp tonight.

Its fancy dress and hobnail boots are compulsory.

(Needless to say the above details of the comp where fabricated, except the date. Its a fiver still and starts at 7. See you there...)

dave

#26 Bouldering Comps
December 06, 2002, 10:55:05 am
So is anyone else gonna be man enough to show??? its not like any of you have got anything better to do,....apart from munching pies and sinking jars.

I'll be there. You'll be able to recognise me, I'll be the only person who thought to bring a pen, again.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#27 Bouldering Comps
December 10, 2002, 11:05:53 am
Dave, please forgive me for stealing your pen every five minutes. Good comp though, ace problems again. Percy has got the knack.

Somewhat frustratingly I flashed up to the last hold on the sloping mantle of doom problem on the RHS as you walk in and LH as you face the wall, and then managed not to be able to do the top move. More frustratingly I blew that Red problem right by the door, deciding I wouldn't do it and handing in my score sheet only to do it next go not in the comp.

Anyway, very enjoyable and its only fun innit!

scores that I found out:-

191 Miles,
188 Gaz
160 Harris
152 Me

dave

#28 Bouldering Comps
December 10, 2002, 11:23:13 am
Ditto, twas a good 'un.

Need more crimpy power shit though, afterall thats my only strength!

Looked at scoresheet last night, they've somehow messed it up. For example, my name is on the overall scoresheet twice, once with 1st round score and again with 2nd round score, instead of being together. Also on the round scoresheet my name features again at the bottom with 0 points for some reason!?! And I'm not the only one either!

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#29 Bouldering Comps
December 10, 2002, 02:46:41 pm
Are the scoresheets online anywhere?

dave

#30 Bouldering Comps
December 10, 2002, 02:48:53 pm
I ain't seen 'em anywhere, just at the edge. Maybe Percy wil email Mike 'em again like last month.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#31 Bouldering Comps
December 10, 2002, 02:49:11 pm
If Percy sends 'em to me again, I'll put them up here....

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#32 Bouldering Comps
December 10, 2002, 08:02:48 pm
And he has - thanks Percy...

Here they are

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#33 Bouldering Comps
December 11, 2002, 07:54:06 pm
.........and don't forget, folks, that after you get all fat and the skin on your tips is like that of a young girls from all the washing-up you've been doing over the 'festive' season, Round 3 of the Sportiva league is on Friday 10th Jan. This is also the day before my birthday, so to celebrate thrashing myself to death setting problems for you all, I can feel an urge to bring out my 'special stuff' for you all to sample. Be warned, last time this happened I nearly killed Neil Gresham, but it did serve him right......
Anybody who thinks its a good idea to hang by just one foot from an off-width crack at the top of the Edge's bouldering wall needs their head seeing to!
Anyway, if you're all nice to me I might make it a bit narrower this time........well, maybe :twisted:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#34 Bouldering Comps
December 13, 2002, 02:24:38 pm
Tomorrow is the last of the years series of Bouldering Comps - the British Bouldering Championships at the Floundry... anyone who fancies a laugh but is too much of a tart to enter can come and watch for the princely sum of 2 of your earth pounds. Sorry Percy, I have no rhyming slang (skin diver = £5) to input here.

I know I will be beaten into submission by all the strong people but it will be wet outside and I'll be wanting to go to the Foundry anyway so why not? c'mon! you know you want to!

You can enter on the day and I think it's a mere £17...

dave

#35 Bouldering Comps
December 13, 2002, 02:37:56 pm
£17?? :!:  Christ, for £17 i hope you get someone blowing you between problems.  :wink:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#36 Bouldering Comps
December 13, 2002, 02:42:10 pm
Oh yeah, thats an optional extra - potential competitors swayed by this news should also note that its Graeme Alderson doing the do  :shock:

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#37 Bouldering Comps
December 16, 2002, 11:33:51 am
Saturdays senior final of the British Bouldering Championship went off well. Overall winner Gaz Parry was beaten in this round by and on form and very vocal Andy Earl and the laydees had to play second fiddle to Lucy Creamer who was far and away the winner.

The qualifiers consisted of 12 problems of excellent quality, the setting dream team of vickers and bishton excelled themselves with imaginative climbing and good moves for both Men and women, the scores aren't up on the bmc site as yet so I dunno who got though on what points or owt but I understand it was 70 something to qualify.

Keep checking the link - http://www.thebmc.co.uk/indoor/comps/results.asp

The final was dead exciting! there were 5 probs and only three of them got ascents at all. I will be going next year. After training very hard all year! Well worth the £2 to spectate and if you competed you got a t-shirt! wooo - worth the £15!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#38 Bouldering Comps
December 16, 2002, 11:39:29 am
Quote from: "dobbin"
Oh yeah, thats an optional extra - potential competitors swayed by this news should also note that its Graeme Alderson doing the do  :shock:

Now that conjures up a delightul image  :shock:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal