UKBouldering.com

Secret Garden - some shit that was posted before but I coulnd't find the thread (Read 8792 times)

dave

The obvious method is quite reach dependant FD, and I originally thought it would be 7B-ish without lank, but it turns out there's quite a funky static solution that isn't that hard (and doesn't require multiple mats).

I don't think its that reachy really - the summer after I did it I was there and the showpony and Look North's favourite basejumper both did it OK with the same sequence as me. I seem to remember starting with LH undercutting, RH round the arete on some seam, LF smearing and RF crounched up in the break (possible foot jam?). Pulled on, got as much right leg as possible around the arete, made a RH move (not sure what to, probably arete or another seam), possibly a LH shuffle to another low hold out left then a hard crux kick move with left foot to a good foothold way out left, then stand up sideways for the slot jug. It was sort of on the borderline between shit and great.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Ah yes, the reachy sequence.  ;)

I did the crux kick move first, then hung off the footjam and walked hands up the arete. Then easy reach to jug.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal