UKBouldering.com

Loud N-n-n-n-nnnnoisy Guitar Shizzle [Rock/Metal/Thrash etc] (Read 163959 times)

andy_e

• forum hero
in flames eh?  :furious:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
How could I forget The Berzerker, here with Reality High:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Dying Fetus - Homicidal Retribution

Necrophagist - Extreme Unction

Bloodbath - Buried by the Dead

andy popp

• forum hero
Wow, I'd forgeotten just what a brilliant and insane track Institutionalized is.

And now, get on your knees before the mighty Big Black - Kerosene

Just watched this again and I'm still stunned by the intensity of the performance. Jaw dropping. Here's another from the same gig:

This Shellac clip is great:

Pray, my dear Houdini, with what should a Shellac collection start?

Apologies for not doing the embedding shit.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Every Shellac collection MUST begin w/ their 1st LP (do not buy the CD): they always press 180g thick virgin vinyl and produce 1st class hard card sleeves and inner art. 

Entitled - At Action Park (All releases are on Touch & Go Records from Chicago).    One should order this LP w/ their current masterpiece, Excellent Italian Greyhound (all early pressings of their LP's come w/ a free CD copy of the LP - it's obviously the smart move - you may still have time).

That's what I would do: their 1st and current LP.   However - their first few test records were 7"s:  it's essential you track down both (& @ €4 each, you'll kick yourself if you heard them but didn't buy them):

Uranus

and

The Rude Gesture

For many fans - these first two 7"s remain untouchable - closer in execution to Rapeman than to their current vibe. 

Buy both singles, and play Wingwalker whose opening line - Time was I could move my arms like a bird . . . set the scene for the bands fascination with Ur-like behaviour.  The drums are   m i n d   b l o w i n g . 

Andy, I can feel an essay brewing so I'm off immediately . . .  but before I do I'll say that either of those two 7" would make it to my Desert Island Top Ten.

andy popp

• forum hero
Mmmm, no turntable at this end. Is buying the CD worse than not owning any I wonder?

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Andy I feel terrible, last month I was desperate for HD space and deleted the entire Shellac back catalogue on mp3

:(

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
W a r  P i g s   (my fave Sabbath track)

andy popp

• forum hero
Andy I feel terrible, last month I was desperate for HD space and deleted the entire Shellac back catalogue on mp3

:(

no worries, I can buy some.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Amebix - Arise  (1985)  (192Kbps - 53MB)

Arise!, the second full-length studio album from Amebix, was the first outing with both George playing synth and Spider on drums. This, the final lineup, produced what is often considered quintessential Amebix material. The simplistic, almost tribal rhythms and apocalyptic aesthetic that defined Amebix gelled more firmly than ever before over the past seven years on this album, and peaked with 1987's Monolith. Arise is an important record... A reflection of the bleak outlook of Europe's squatter community, Amebix combined a unique mixture of metal, punk, synthesizers, politics, and alcohol abuse to create the musical and lyrical landscape of a doomed population in a totalitarian, restrictive culture...For fans of the metal and hardcore punk underground scenes, Arise! may very well already be in your CD or record collection, alongside other classic albums by artists like Deviated Instinct, Extreme Noise Terror, and Rudimentary Peni. If it's not, you better take a break from sewing punk rock patches on your pants and pick up a copy before anyone notices how lame you are.

1. "The Moor"
2. "Axeman"
3. "Fear of God"
4. "Largactyl"
5. "Drink and Be Merry"
6. "Spoils of Victory"
7. "Arise!"
8. "Slave"
9. "The Darkest Hour"
10. "Right to Ride"
11. "Beyond The Sun"

One of the best Anarcho-Punk bands, and fathers of crust. Enjoy!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Dying Fetus - Homicidal Retribution

Like this - brutal and substantial. The twin vocal assault works well.

erm, sam

• forum hero
I don't know what this sub genre is trash/metal/etc not really being my ourve, but Death From Above 1979 are brilliant.
The video is a random, but the tune is anything but.
---

can't seem to embed it, so you will just have to go  here:

But I promise it is worth it.

Dr T

• forum hero
I don't know what this sub genre is trash/metal/etc not really being my ourve, but Death From Above 1979 are brilliant.
The video is a random, but the tune is anything but.
---

can't seem to embed it, so you will just have to go  here:

But I promise it is worth it.

there you go......

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Mors Principium Est-Altered State of Consciousness
(A "melodic Metal" band, whatever that may be  :lol: )  Something different anyway.  Although I prefer Old Skool  :shrug:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Two of their better modern tracks- I still prefer all the older shit.  Infotainment never really grew on me.

Pitchshifter-  Dead Battery

Triad

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
Two of their better modern tracks- I still prefer all the older shit.  Infotainment never really grew on me.

Bloody hell, Pitchshifter, there's a blast from the past! always thought www.pitchshifter.com was the best album myself...

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
Best thing about Pitchshifter is they saw through the must wear everything black, have awful hair to their knees, and play grotesque Charvel guitars with pointy bits all over the shop.

Just geezers playing hard rock.

Death from Above are brilliant, Sam.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
So, micro house fans, here's another freebie:

Demilich - Nespithe  (.zip)

One of the most original and satisfying metal bands ever, Demilich, played their last show as a band on July 22 of last year, but even if no new music comes out, we'll at least still have their lone album, "Nespithe". Completely inhuman vocals, like a sewer having a coughing fit, and guitars that don't just get the simple power chord treatment. Check out their songs titles:

1. "When the Sun Drank the Weight of Water" – 3:43
2. "The Sixteenth Six-Tooth Son of Fourteen Four Regional Dimensions (Still Unnamed)" – 3:29
3. "Inherited Bowel Levitation - Reduced without Any Effort" – 3:22
4. "The Echo (Replacement)" – 4:27
5. "The Putrefying Road in the Nineteenth Extremity (...Somewhere Inside the Bowels of Endlessness)" – 2:40
6. "(Within) The Chamber of Whispering Eyes" – 4:12
7. "And You'll Remain... (In Pieces of Nothingness)" – 3:12
8. "Erecshyrinol" – 3:17
9. "The Planet That Once Used to Absorb Flesh in Order to Achieve Divinity and Immortality (Suffocated to the Flesh That It Desired)" – 3:17
10. "The Cry" – 3:42
11. "Raped Embalmed Beauty Sleep" – 3:42

This is not an album you should miss if you're working towards a full metal collection.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
I love this and finally tracked it down on mp3.

Player - Angel of Theft http://invisibleoranges.com/audio/RAININGBLOOD_PLAYER_ANGELOFTHEFT.mp3

Amon Tobin in a Slayer Drill 'n Bass fantasy remix - awesome.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
F of da muddafuckin' D that is a  s t u n n e r   -   wicked track!

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Bit over-long intro, but it makes up for it later  :thumbsup: .  Helps that the original track was quality.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Just came across this:
Rompeprop:  Vaginal Luftwaffe

A couple of nice riffs.  Anyone got any of their stuff?  Houd?  Fiend?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Another one with an amusing video:
Romeprop- pelikanelul

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Ahumado Granujo-  To Mince and Fuck Up:

Ahumado Granujo - Cold Turkey:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal