UKBouldering.com

ROOM 101 (Read 474119 times)

Paul B

• forum hero
#1650 Re: ROOM 101
February 18, 2014, 01:14:04 am
Nat falls into this habit gradually every time she commutes. I got a lift up to Leeds the other week and I was terrified.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#1651 Re: ROOM 101
February 18, 2014, 01:01:36 pm
Tail-gating was pretty much my top reason for leaving the middle east (ie in order to stay alive). I was driving ~6 hours most weekends to go climbing, mostly on roads populated by spoilt local arab kids, in things like Range Rover Sports or Porsche Cayennes, who thought they were on a race track. And in the evenings - despite it being  a theoretically muslim country - they were often also drunk. It was normal most weekends to at least once or twice be squeezed into the fast lane of a five lane highway by abruptly slow traffic, then tailgated by someone doing 160-180kmh with zero clearance whilst flashing their lights. The really nutty ones would not slow at all but pass you in the few metres of gritty tarmac by the centre divide if you didn't immediately pull over, regardless of whether it was safe for you to do so or not. Or you might be tailgated by someone being competitively tailgated in turn by some other loon. Or two or three of the fuckers would be racing, weaving in an out of all the lanes ...

After moving to Canada, it took about a year before I stopped having a stress response, if any car appeared in my mirror in the same lane.

Inshalla

James Malloch

• forum hero
#1652 Re: ROOM 101
February 18, 2014, 01:16:29 pm
People who have no manners in the University library...

Okay, so it's not silent study so you can call people. But there are plenty of places you can go to do it away from everyone else so you don't cause annoyance.

Even worse is the dick having a loudspeaker video call near me. If only I had a gun...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1653 Re: ROOM 101
February 18, 2014, 01:44:26 pm

Okay, so it's not silent study so you can call people. But there are plenty of places you can go to do it away from everyone else so you don't cause annoyance.

Even worse is the dick having a loudspeaker video call near me. If only I had a gun...

Head down to the stacks.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#1654 Re: ROOM 101
February 18, 2014, 01:52:29 pm
The stacks is a great place, not been there for a while actually so good shout!

The people of the ic boil my blood!

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#1655 Re: ROOM 101
February 18, 2014, 04:34:43 pm
Worst though are tailgaters.

This x 1000. Glad I don't have to drive to work very often any more as even a couple of junctions on the M1 every day was enough to raise the blood pressure.  :furious:

Easily as annoying as tail-gaters are those who slip up the inside and pull into the gap I've left. They incorrectly think I'm a dawdler, to prevent them coming in I have to close the gap and effectively tail gate otherwise you slide backwards up the queue.

This fucks me right off.

Sloper

• forum hero
#1656 Re: ROOM 101
February 18, 2014, 04:56:30 pm

This x 1000. Glad I don't have to drive to work very often any more as even a couple of junctions on the M1 every day was enough to raise the blood pressure.  :furious:

Easily as annoying as tail-gaters are those who slip up the inside and pull into the gap I've left. They incorrectly think I'm a dawdler, to prevent them coming in I have to close the gap and effectively tail gate otherwise you slide backwards up the queue.

This fucks me right off.

You could try just letting them pull in and not responding with some careless driving of your own? Just a thought.

cowboyhat

• forum hero
#1657 Re: ROOM 101
February 18, 2014, 05:26:28 pm

This fucks me right off.

You could try just letting them pull in and not responding with some careless driving of your own? Just a thought.

Is this a test? Are you in on it?

dunnyg

• forum hero
#1658 Re: ROOM 101
February 18, 2014, 05:29:22 pm
currently cruising the roads of oman. The tailgating is phenomenal. Feels like roulette on the roads having to drive around 500km a week being tailgated incessantly and when it rains they do exactly the same. Today a car was less than a meter behind us at 120kph with a cars in the next lane over. WTF  :chair:   

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1659 Re: ROOM 101
February 18, 2014, 06:04:51 pm

This fucks me right off.

Unfortunatly this behaviour means that if you want to practice defensive driving then you will inevitably be constantly "sliding backwards" on busy motorways/duals.  You just have to suck it up and accept that to get somewhere safely means you won't get there as quickly.

Sloper

• forum hero
#1660 Re: ROOM 101
February 18, 2014, 06:09:18 pm

This fucks me right off.

Unfortunatly this behaviour means that if you want to practice defensive driving then you will inevitably be constantly "sliding backwards" on busy motorways/duals.  You just have to suck it up and accept that to get somewhere safely means you won't get there as quickly.

Agreed, but actually in traffic driving like a cvnt makes virtually no difference to the time you arrive, it only makes you stressed and burns a hole in your pocket.  If you're in any doubt use a sat nav and see what your predicted arrival time is and how much time you save by driviing like a twat.

Usual caveats about empty roads, over taking a slow moving vehicle on an otherwise quiet road, here we'er talking about usual motorway traffic.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1661 Re: ROOM 101
February 18, 2014, 08:28:20 pm

Find a librarian and tell them... they'll love the chance to bust someone...

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
#1662 Re: ROOM 101
March 09, 2014, 09:11:06 am
Having an ill partner on the best weather day of the year and having to stay home to look after my little boy and said partner. I love them both but after all the rain it grates somewhat....

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1663 Re: ROOM 101
March 13, 2014, 01:46:30 pm
Tail-gating was pretty much my top reason for leaving the middle east (ie in order to stay alive). I was driving ~6 hours most weekends to go climbing, mostly on roads populated by spoilt local arab kids, in things like Range Rover Sports or Porsche Cayennes, who thought they were on a race track. And in the evenings - despite it being  a theoretically muslim country - they were often also drunk. It was normal most weekends to at least once or twice be squeezed into the fast lane of a five lane highway by abruptly slow traffic, then tailgated by someone doing 160-180kmh with zero clearance whilst flashing their lights. The really nutty ones would not slow at all but pass you in the few metres of gritty tarmac by the centre divide if you didn't immediately pull over, regardless of whether it was safe for you to do so or not. Or you might be tailgated by someone being competitively tailgated in turn by some other loon. Or two or three of the fuckers would be racing, weaving in an out of all the lanes ...

There are clearly some real fucking idiots when it comes to driving in the middle east.  FFS public roads, with school buses  :no:  :wank:

Sloper

• forum hero
#1664 Re: ROOM 101
March 13, 2014, 07:29:47 pm
Just imagine how bad it would be if they let women drive? (only joking)

tomtom

• forum hero
#1665 Re: ROOM 101
July 03, 2014, 07:10:58 pm
Selfie poles.

Right - just back from a lovely holiday in SA with MrsTT - and noticed for the first time the increased proliferation of 'selfie poles'... yes those extendable twat antenna that wankers stick their camera on the end of so they can take a picture of themselves (and significant other etc..) from a better perspective.

Now, I have history on 'selfies' - to be honest they stick in my craw a little - why the fuck not ask a stranger to take a picture of you instead (a symptom of modern society where no-one wants to talk to each other etc.. blah blah wanky rant etc..)... HOWEVER...

The selfie cunt stick takes this to a new dimension. Now, when at a.n.other tourist view point, spot etc.. you now have to put up with fucking fucktards waving their self indulgent photographic proboscis in your face... My cracking point was two German tourists who took 5 min trying to perfect the perfect selfie prick pole picture hogging a narrow viewpoint. In the end I just stood in between them until they fucked off.

OK, if you're making a downhill snowboarding dude style video fine.. its an effect.. a gimick.. a new angle.. but at every fucking picture opportunity....

I had a lovely time apart from this though ;)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1666 Re: ROOM 101
July 03, 2014, 08:07:25 pm
Cool, where did you get to? I think they were originally designed for snowboarding etc, but these dicks missed that point. I've never seem one used I'm glad to say

tomtom

• forum hero
#1667 Re: ROOM 101
July 03, 2014, 10:24:53 pm
Cool, where did you get to?

4 days in Cape Town (amazing weather  - 20-25 deg), 5 nights in a lodge in a private game reserve nr Hoedsprit, then a couple of nights in Hazyview to take in some of the Panorama region then back from Joberg... Great time.. I'll post up my lions mating video if theres popular demand ;)

psychomansam

• forum hero
#1668 Re: ROOM 101
July 03, 2014, 10:36:06 pm

4 days in Cape Town (amazing weather  - 20-25 deg), 5 nights in a lodge in a private game reserve nr Hoedsprit, then a couple of nights in Hazyview to take in some of the Panorama region then back from Joberg... Great time.. I'll post up my lions mating video if theres popular demand ;)

A couple I know used to live in Cape Town. The climbing there looks f&*king brilliant. They moved back when having wee 'uns though, which seems fair enough. Apparently the healthcare system there wasn't too appealling either. Pity though, an awesome spot! (Although they now have a very nice large house in Llanberis, so they've landed on their feet)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1669 Re: ROOM 101
July 04, 2014, 09:29:36 am

Nice, some big ticks. We used to go to Mpumalanga loads on holidays (what used to be Eastern Transvaal) Shame you didn't get to Kaapsehoop (Near Nelspruit airport) for some bouldering, it's a great spot.

Sloper

• forum hero
#1670 Re: ROOM 101
July 07, 2014, 09:55:54 pm
Right, this is going to be a bit close to the daily mail jackpot but FUCK.

We have a great local Bangladeshi take away, but why the fuck do they get the one bloke who really cannot speak English to answer the fucking 'phone?

I've just spent nearly 5 minutes repeating myself, no one brinjal baji, no not three onion bajhi, one pilau rice ... no not one what ever he was trying to say and then there's the surname, fuck you've only been delivering here for 2 years, eventually they pass me on to Mr Aminah who was probably in the diplomatic corp and was wonderfully modulated and precise English, so why let the fucking char wallh answer the phone at all.

sort it fucking out and give me a curry.

ardeer

• player
#1671 Re: ROOM 101
July 07, 2014, 10:24:41 pm

so why let the fucking char wallah answer the phone at all.

sort it fucking out and give me a curry.

id say that was beyond daily mail myself... :wank:

tomtom

• forum hero
#1672 Re: ROOM 101
July 08, 2014, 08:42:13 am
Are they not affiliated to justeat.com etc... so you can order online?? Anyway, could you not just get your secretary to order for you? ;)

THIRD alternative is go and order in person - then have a cheeky pint whilst waiting for it to be prepared....... (and you can point at the menu, gesticulate and shout loudly as required)

I quite often get a fish jalfrezi instead of a veg jalfrezi... due to ordering mix ups.. I love both :)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1673 Re: ROOM 101
July 08, 2014, 08:57:35 am
that's an easy mistake - there are loads of fools who think that fish are vegetables

tomtom

• forum hero
#1674 Re: ROOM 101
July 08, 2014, 09:01:48 am
that's an easy mistake - there are loads of fools who think that fish are vegetables

Honestly, who cod think such a fing?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal