UKBouldering.com

ROOM 101 (Read 475445 times)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#975 Re: ROOM 101
March 26, 2009, 10:33:18 am
I must admit I've had the same issue with trainers, but that's because I stick my feet in my trainers to wander around at the crag without taking off my rock boots.  Obviously, feet half in trainers fucks up the back end.

I always uno the laces before I take them off though.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#976 Re: ROOM 101
March 26, 2009, 10:43:04 am
I must admit I've had the same issue with trainers, but that's because I stick my feet in my trainers to wander around at the crag without taking off my rock boots.  Obviously, feet half in trainers fucks up the back end.

Your in good company there I believe, I think I've seen Big Ron doing the same around Apparent North at Stanage.

dave

#977 Re: ROOM 101
March 26, 2009, 10:50:31 am
i thought big ron actually bought grossly oversized trainers so he could just wear them fully over his rockshoes?

nik at work

• forum hero
#978 Re: ROOM 101
March 26, 2009, 10:54:20 am
In fact only the other day me and GCW were discussing lazy arse lace replacement systems over the years.
There was velcro, the Reebok disc system and some toggle jobbins.

Anyway it's not the taking them off that fucks them it's the putting them on with the laces still tied (or walking around wearing them over your rock boots).

Lifes to short to waste it doing laces up only to undo them again...

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#979 Re: ROOM 101
March 26, 2009, 10:59:38 am
I was talking about a home made version of this:

that some of the kids had at school (not me, I was am a geek).  They were made from elastic and a rucksack toggle thing, and lazy fucks replaced normal laces with them.

These were just shit:

Duma

• forum hero
#980 Re: ROOM 101
March 26, 2009, 11:17:37 am

I had some of these for a while and they were pretty slacker friendly.
Or what about elasticlaces Local as well if you're in Wales.
Or the lace of genius, xtenex:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#982 Re: ROOM 101
March 28, 2009, 10:31:39 pm

Some stupid fuck will buy it though.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#983 Re: ROOM 101
March 28, 2009, 10:55:59 pm
I'm sure several thousand will.

Scraggadoo

• addict
#984 Re: ROOM 101
March 29, 2009, 10:49:08 pm
Impatient / stupid shopkeepers can stay here.  I don't need telling when to put my PIN number in for my card a nanosecond after the screen says "Enter PIN" for fucks sake, I'm not stupid, I can read...  And then they do it again when it says "Remove Card" - AAAAAAARGH,  Wait a couple more seconds and then tell me if I am plainly not able to read(!) >:(

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#985 Re: ROOM 101
March 30, 2009, 12:53:23 pm
fucking shit IT who have been unable to fix the net connection since Friday. I could do a better job!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#986 Re: ROOM 101
March 30, 2009, 01:37:48 pm
Impatient / stupid shopkeepers can stay here. 

What makes it worse is that they've usually just wasted your time by needlessly asking if you want mobile top-ups, stamps or half-price giant chocolate bars.  I know it's the management's fault rather than the till operator's but it's still bloody annoying. 

And don't get me started on checkout staff who speed through your shopping, fling all the fragile items willy-nilly, and then get all impatient for payment whilst you struggle to pack the resulting huge, jumbled heap.  Perhaps they should be placed in stocks and pelted with all the fruit and vegetables their actions bruise to inedibility.

dave

#987 Re: ROOM 101
March 30, 2009, 01:49:28 pm
hows about ISPs with self-conciously crap customer service, especially ones like virginmedia who respond to any support emails with a stock email of pre-written responses, all of which are clearly irrelevent to your problem even to an idiot had they actually bothered to take time out from counting their stacks of cheddar to read your email in the first place. yes i have turned my router on an off a dozen times you fucking retard. yes I do know every phone needs a microfilter. And then they just invite you to phone an 0845 number so you have the privelige of sitting in a non-existant queue for an hour earning them some more wedge, while all the time your're having to check the weather forecast on ceefax like a common pygmy. SUCK MY DICK RICHARD BRANSON YOU BALLOON-LOVING MOTHERFUCKER.

SteveM

• stalker
  • I feel the need for speed
    • bad-altitude
#988 Re: ROOM 101
March 30, 2009, 03:49:46 pm
A carful of daft old biddies out for a Sunday afternoon drive.

I was motoring along after the long climb out of Shaff and there was a stupid old biddy who reversed out of the Burbage bridge parking into the path of me and my trusty steed. Only course of avoidance was into (and rapidly out of again) the path of an oncoming car as the alternative was plowing into her exhaust pipe. She was completely nonplussed and ignorant of my existence. I shall be more careful of the muppets in the future, I kinda expect it in town but let my guard down in the sunshine yesterday afternoon. She almost drove thru two sheep about 30 seconds later.

dave

#989 Re: ROOM 101
March 30, 2009, 04:16:01 pm

cofe

• forum hero
#990 Re: ROOM 101
March 30, 2009, 04:17:29 pm
sunday drivers in the peak are lethal. either pissed or ancient. or worse: both.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#991 Re: ROOM 101
March 30, 2009, 04:21:18 pm
I was on my way home yesterday, sat at the lights.  Lights go green, car in front sets off nearly taking out some dick burning along the pavement and crossing the road we were on.
For someone in the wrong he was pissed.  Unfortunately for the car in front the next lights 50 yards along were red.  Psycho cyclist threw his bike in the ditch and fucking sprinted along after the car.  They shat themsleves, and I would have as well.  The guy was a few feet away, and the car opted to run the red light rather than wait for the guy to reach them.
What a nut :lol:

tomtom

• forum hero
#992 Re: ROOM 101
March 30, 2009, 04:30:58 pm
A carful of daft old biddies out for a Sunday afternoon drive.

I was motoring along after the long climb out of Shaff and there was a stupid old biddy who reversed out of the Burbage bridge parking into the path of me and my trusty steed. Only course of avoidance was into (and rapidly out of again) the path of an oncoming car as the alternative was plowing into her exhaust pipe. She was completely nonplussed and ignorant of my existence. I shall be more careful of the muppets in the future, I kinda expect it in town but let my guard down in the sunshine yesterday afternoon. She almost drove thru two sheep about 30 seconds later.

Unlucky Steve - for some reason Sunday seems to be the worst for the ol gimmers out driving... I always found the thwack of a palm of hand/fist on a car panel makes for good retribution as it usually makes them think that they've hit you...

SteveM

• stalker
  • I feel the need for speed
    • bad-altitude
#993 Re: ROOM 101
March 30, 2009, 05:07:28 pm
Definitely, at least once a week* of commuting on the roads of the city of steel (and flesh and blood).

*once in five days is a good week, once a day is too many.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#994 Re: ROOM 101
March 31, 2009, 09:56:24 pm
Anybody else looking at this bloody Sex Education Show vs pr0nography?

Yes, some good things and good that some kids will be able to watch and get a bit of info to calm any worries.

However most of it is just scaremongering for prudish parents.

Last night they were blaming PC manufacturers and distributors for not having safety settings on as default. If you're worried about what your kids are doing online then it's quite simple to look up how to turn on the safety settings. Most good distributors will tell you this as well.

There's also a certain victimization of boys going on. Girls feel pressure from boys to have bigger tits, shaved minges, labial surgery and do weird sex positions apparently. As if any young teenage boy wouldn't start frothing at the mouth at the merest glimpse of a pair of flaps fluffy or not.

Get it in.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#995 Re: ROOM 101
March 31, 2009, 11:24:31 pm
Anybody else looking at this bloody Sex Education Show vs pr0nography?

Yes, they forgot to mention it was sponsered by the Daily Mail.

Yes, some good things and good that some kids will be able to watch and get a bit of info to calm any worries.

However most of it is just scaremongering for prudish parents.

Last night they were blaming PC manufacturers and distributors for not having safety settings on as default. If you're worried about what your kids are doing online then it's quite simple to look up how to turn on the safety settings. Most good distributors will tell you this as well.

:agree: The parents who watched some net pr0n were the worst....

Quote from: Ignorant Dail Mail Reader
I think its up to the providots [sic ISP] to block access to pr0n

No, they're your kids, and you provide for them, if you don't want them viewing certain things on t'net then its your responsibility to prevent them accessing it.  Don't use your ignorance of technology as the lamest excuse in the world, get of your arse and do something yourself instead of expecting others to do things for you  :wank:

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#996 Re: ROOM 101
April 01, 2009, 12:44:49 am
Pardon my ignorance, is there much that ISPs can actually do to prevent kids from accessing dodgy stuff? If so then what is it? Not saying there isn't a way I just don't know it.

The thing that really annoyed me is that when they showed the parents these videos the "kids had said they'd watched" I'm pretty sure they were showing them things like 2girls1cup and all its derivatives. When I was at school this kind of video occasionally did the rounds. What the makers of the show may not have figured out is that this is solely for the purpose of a prank. Nobody instantly went home desperate to get their hands on a video of a horse fucking a woman.

Going back to the portrayal of pr0n watching boys as slavering filth hounds I think I speak for most of my gender when I say that, in the event of wanting to try out a new position etc, we always talk about it with our partner first. Some girls aren't really happy with doggy style ( ::)). If I was overcome by some sort of perverse emotion, as the program seems to suggest I will, and I flipped one of the girls in question over and done this by force I would have got a bug fucking smack round the chops. Girls are not so powerless in relations as Channel 4 and the Daily Mail would have us believe.

Does that make sense? Nope. Fuck it, I've written it now.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#997 Re: ROOM 101
April 01, 2009, 04:21:50 pm
There's also a certain victimization of boys going on. Girls feel pressure from boys to have bigger tits, shaved minges, labial surgery and do weird sex positions apparently. As if any young teenage boy wouldn't start frothing at the mouth at the merest glimpse of a pair of flaps fluffy or not.
I know where you're coming from Will, and you're right, it's not all down to boys and their opinions (other girls and so called women's magazines have just as much, if not more, to answer for) but boys can be fairly harsh (some of the comments on the dead fit burds thread, anyone?  :whistle: ) and do tend to talk a good game, especially when they're younger or around a group of mates.

It might very well be the case that in reality they'd start frothing at the mouth at the merest hint of any action but that's not what they say in front of their mates is it?  And it's often not the impression girls are left with.  I think maybe you're underestimating the number of teenage girls who think they are total freaks, and desperately unattractive, just cause they don't look exactly like the latest 'High Street Honey' or girl from a pr0no.

Girls are not so powerless in relations as Channel 4 and the Daily Mail would have us believe.
Not all girls are, no, but never underestimate the desperate need the majority of teenage girls have to fit in and be seen to be doing the right or cool thing, even if they personally don't think it's right for them at all.  Some of the stories I heard volunteering at Childline would turn your stomach.

I don't know if that makes sense either, and it's totally  :off: and I've gone a bit old lady ranty on your ass, which wasn't my intention, honest.   :-[

dave

#998 Re: ROOM 101
April 21, 2009, 09:22:19 am
yep, bearing in mind at my work you hear such misnomers as "expresso", "hyperchondriact", "drownding", "kekkell", "marshmellows", "buffit" (for "buffet"), "short shift" (i.e. means "short shrift"), "antipasta" (apparently this is an italian starter made from durum wheat and antimatter), "semt" (for "seemed"), and uses the phrase "built like a brickhouse", all said by the same person.

my boss also doesn't understand the difference between a space and an underscore. bearing in mind she works as a data administrator.

got a new classic at work yesterday. Someone claimed they were being made into an "escape goat". I shit you not.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#999 Re: ROOM 101
April 21, 2009, 09:27:20 am
Escape goats are now being used by prisoners to get out of jail. They look like a normal goat, but are specially bred to be able to batter their way through brick walls. Get with the times.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal