UKBouldering.com

Bunion but not a bunion? (Read 102 times)

Lopez

• stalker
Bunion but not a bunion?
Today at 09:13:43 pm
Having made it through several decades of climbing without feet issues despite my best attempts (hello 90's and wearing Lasers 3 sizes too small) now that i'm more into comfier shoes i seem to have developed 'something'.

Drawing a blank on Google and there's only so many photos of malformed toes i can bare to watch, so checking if someone has had something similar and can help me ID.

Will save you all from posting a pic, but it's like a hard lump, possibly bony?, on the second knuckle of the little toe. Kind of top and side of it if it makes sense. Pretty painfull under pressure as well when wearing climbing shoes.

First noticed it when breaking in new shoes few months ago, and only really realised recently that it wasn't the right shoe taking a hell of a lot longer to break in than the left one did, but that there was 'something' in my toe that shouldn't be there and it's getting bigger.

Thought it'd be a bunion at first but turns out it isn't as bunions form on a different joint apparently. Can't find anything about something of the like developing at the second knuckle.

Any ideas anyone?

Scouse D

• forum hero
#1 Re: Bunion but not a bunion?
Today at 09:34:27 pm
Sounds almost certainly like a ganglion cyst. I am however, a doctor of chemistry not medicine.

Lopez

• stalker
#2 Re: Bunion but not a bunion?
Today at 10:05:25 pm
Ah, i was so focused in thinking it bone/hard tissue related and/or from wearing tight shoes that cysts didn't even occur to me.

I'll do some searching see if that's the likely culprit.

Thanks for that

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal