UKBouldering.com

Sony HDD Recorder Guide Confusion (Read 1275 times)

Paul B

• forum hero
Sony HDD Recorder Guide Confusion
January 06, 2008, 07:17:18 pm
I noticed the HDD thread and Obi-wan selling his Sony HDD recorder so thought someone on here might have the answer I need  ;D(if anyone has any suggestions for a better forum then let me know).

Basically I bought a Sony RDR-HXD870, which i'm using by itself plugged into my wall via the aerial lead and to my tv with a scart, with the hope that I can watch freeview through it and record when I'm out. I followed the setup instructions and the "Easy setup" but ended up selecting guide+ by accident, I've used this for a couple of days and found it to be ok until tonight trying to set up a series link, it seems the only way to do it is to set the frequency to for example "every sat", which isn't an exact science.

I had a look back through the manual (which is generic for a fair few models) and I think I should have selected digital guide, therefore I re-did the easy setup and selected this. Now when i press guide i get (quote):
"This function cannot be used now"

Is this because it needs to gather information for the guide (the guide plus would open initially but had no channels for a day or so but when the box was turned off it would say Electronic program guide) or is something different going on?
Thanks to anyone who bothers to read this.
 :great:

Jeez how come its only AFTER I post things like this that I seem to fluke a fix....anyway sorry for wasting anyones time.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 07:32:13 pm by Paul B »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal