UKBouldering.com

The Dome (Read 1717 times)

Rhys

• menacing presence
The Dome
August 06, 2003, 11:22:52 pm
I've just got back from a great day bouldering in the Pass, has anyone else bouldered at the Dome? That place has got to be my all time favourite, today I did the wall right of Comes the Deviant and the wall right of the Ramp, will they be in the new guide?
I've been spending all my time in Parisillas recently and I've forgotten how good it is so I did a massive circuit starting at Utopia going up to the Dome before cutting back to the Barrel (with the customary spanking at the hands of the Minimum) finishing off at the Cromlech. To top it all after trying Jonny's wall, I turned around and there was the man himself! Top day- just thought I'd share it. :D

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#1 The Dome
August 06, 2003, 11:38:32 pm
Rhys, your enthusiasm is a real inspiration to me.

Whereabouts on the island do you live? Do you know the Parry brothers (Rhys and Emyr) from Llangefni? Have you bouldered at Moelfre? Have you got any secret venues you'd like to unleash the Llanberis crew on?

Have we met?

Cheers, Simon.

As for Mr Dawes, it does seem that he is living semi permanent in the village. The scene at the moment is the best I've seen since '97. There was a festival atmosphere up the Pass on Monday night, even Moose turned up!.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#2 The Dome
August 07, 2003, 09:38:25 am
Fukin ell moose!!!!
How was the ole bastard, giv him my regards if u see him again

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 The Dome
August 07, 2003, 09:42:09 am
Is he still climbing? Not seen him for about a decade but was always a bit of a scary nutter when I was an impressionable yoof - talking of old 'Beris crew anyone see that Bob Drury program about paragliding?

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#4 The Dome
August 07, 2003, 12:36:35 pm
Moose ain't as fit as he used to be, but he can still pull on tiny holds.

Bob lives in France now, but he does pass through quite often.

Rhys

• menacing presence
#5 The Dome
August 07, 2003, 12:58:44 pm
I've just moved back to the area so I know very few people- hence the constant posting asking what stuff is.
I'm off to Bangor Uni next month and I'm really excited- I should be getting a car with the student loan (and with the 6-7 hours a week of lectures I'm shure I'll be able to fit some climbing in :D )
I've done a bit of bouldering around Moelfre (there are two areas), and I've got a fair old list of places around Anglesey with the odd problem on them, nothing worth putting in the guide but if you ever want a change of scene I could tell you about them (like the one roof at Bodafon Mountain!). Oh, and I've found a lone boulder just above Penysarn where I live- it's quite small with only a few problems on it but I've have some great afternoons messing around there.
Anyway, take care and I hope to bump into you sometime!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal