UKBouldering.com

A3 to A42 skin cracking. (modified) (Read 2144 times)

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
A3 to A42 skin cracking. (modified)
December 21, 2007, 02:18:56 pm
Hi All,
        was wondering if anyone had any handy tips for quick healing? I'm referring to that skin fold between the 1st and second joint of the finger  (or A3-A4) where the crease is. Sometimes it gets a little split in it and because its on the joint takes ages to heal. So does anyone have any tips for faster healing?  i.e. splint the finger so it doesn't keep opening up the cut? Or filing it down or something?

Cheers
Tim
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 02:34:35 pm by timb »

dave

#1 Re: A1 to A2 skin cracking.
December 21, 2007, 02:29:24 pm
are you talking about the fold at the joint? i only ask because there isn;t a fold on my hands between the 1st and 2nd jointm thats just flat skin.

assuming you're getting cracking at the joint (furthest from your palm) you just need to get the sandpaper and moisturiser on it. it'll be cracking from a buildup of dry skin, and can also be brought on by hold that are the same depth as the end section fo finger that thus scrape adn stick into the joint - you can get it from climbing indoors a lot. just sand it to keep it from getting dry and getting a thick buildup etc and it should be OK.

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: A3 to A42 skin cracking. (modified)
December 21, 2007, 02:36:52 pm
Thanks,
      aye i did mean a3-a4 have modified the title.   :oops:

Ok bit of sanding. I'm finding just typing today at work opens it up slightly.

Cheers
tim

dave

#3 Re: A3 to A42 skin cracking. (modified)
December 21, 2007, 02:39:04 pm
yeah its a cunt to heal them once they're open. best just taking every measure you can to avoid them in future.

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
#4 Re: A3 to A42 skin cracking. (modified)
December 21, 2007, 03:15:31 pm
true,
 think i did it in entirely the way you said. a problem with a hold the length of the a4 joint which cut/abraded the skin.

Arse.  Its like a paper cut hurts a lot more than it should for such a small cut.  Worse than child birth i'm sure. :lol:

Cheers
tim

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#5 Re: A3 to A42 skin cracking. (modified)
December 21, 2007, 04:12:58 pm
try soaking in a warm solution of detol and water

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal