UKBouldering.com

Fujifilm FinePix F45fd. OK point and shoot with usefull features for £90 (Read 3735 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Just got one for my Dad for Christmas from Argos. Same camera as the F40fd, but different colour. These were about £200 before Argos slashed the price. Takes standard SD cards (up to 2GB) as well as Fuji's own more expensive cards.
I've been learning to use it so I can teach the Old Man how to use his first digital camera and am well impressed. Great in low light without the flash. Has a function where it takes a shot with flash and one without so you can choose. Fast charge up of flash. Nice big decent screen. That Face Detection thing that Fuji do. Nice and easy to select the main functions without having to go through menus. I'd read a few reviews about the F40fd F30 and was going to get one of them and then stumbled across the Argos offer.
Good pictures, easy to use, good price - sorted

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
After Sharpe Jr celebrated his first birthday by knocking my (admittedly crap and out of date) camera out of my hand, sending it hurtling onto a slate floor and basically smashing fuck out of it, I thought this would be a good replacement. Reviews backed the recommendation up. Apparently the F40/45 is better than the supposedly higher spec and way more pricey F50 which has been fucked up by Fuji trying to cram too many pixels (12m) into it. F40/45 is considered one of the best in the £200ish range, especially for camera dunces like my good self. Bonus.

Unfortunately I then found that Argos have put the price up to £150. Twats.  >:(

Fortunately you can get the F40 from Amazon for £115 inc delivery and a 2GB SD card (total Argos thievery price for same £189.93).  ;D

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I found the face recognition thing to be extremely useful when taking photos with a borrowed camera while very very drunk. Not sure it would serve much purpose otherwise.

Fj

• menacing presence
the Fuji refurbs are worth a look. https://secure.fujifilm.co.uk/shop/consumer/digital/digital-cameras/view-all
I got a finepix 31fd about 6 months ago for £90. absolutely mint condition, boxed with all leads and manuals.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal