UKBouldering.com

breaking in new rock shoes (Read 1561 times)

danielb

• regular
    • http://www.danielb.org.uk
breaking in new rock shoes
July 28, 2003, 10:35:57 am
Got a pair of scarpa rock-shoes on Saturday, nothing really high performance but they fit my feet really well. Its amazing the difference it makes having no space in your rock shoes makes to what you can stand on! As in my old shoes I had 1/2 inch of air between my heel and the actual heel of my shoes, as I had bought them cause they did not hurt my toes but they are obviousally totally loose...

Now my new shoes are great was leading VS for the first time in ages at the weekend and going up 5a slabs and just being amazed by what I could actually use as a foot hold with the new shoes :) Anyway I will get to the point now, can you speed up the breaking in of new rock shoes by the wearing of them at home/office to help mould them to your feet?

Cheers,

DanielB

dave

#1 breaking in new rock shoes
July 28, 2003, 10:41:01 am
You could always wear them round the house but its only going to put black marks on you floor and get your boots covered in fluff. I wouldn't wear them around the office cos you've only got to step on a drawing pin and you're fucked. best thing is just wear em climbing.

Paz

• junky
#2 breaking in new rock shoes
July 28, 2003, 12:16:06 pm
There's the old warming them up by putting them in bag in a pan of hot water or holding them over the kettle trick to soften the rubber.  Seems like you don't need to do this though if you get them to fit properly when you buy them.  There's an article on planetfear with some tips.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal